Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default GLOCK SAFETY & HOLSTER

What’s up guy’s? I have 2 questions. First, where online can I purchase and have shipped to my residence a good holster for concealed carry of a GLOCK 19 9mm? I have a good destantis mini-slide holster now but it’s one where it goes outside the belt. I wear it when I wear heavy clothing but when I want to dress light it sticks out as a bulge on my right side so I was considering getting a holster that goes into the jeans there for having only the handle sticking out do you guy’s know what I mean?

My next questions is I have heard many incidents where people shoot themselves with glocks…how safe are glocks? I’m very cautious and careful when handling my glock 19..even when sliding it into my holster I would do it carefully and always make sure. I know that unless you actually pull the tripper it can’t go off then who are people shooting themselves with glocks? Can the trigger safety and trigger go off accidentally? And if so how? Could it get caught on something? Who owns glocks and please explain my question

Thanks guys.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: GLOCK SAFETY & HOLSTER

Quote Originally Posted by ALPAPS View Post
    What’s up guy’s? I have 2 questions. First, where online can I purchase and have shipped to my residence a good holster for concealed carry of a GLOCK 19 9mm?
    ANY holster shop that has a website will ship to you. All you need to do is decide what you want. Here's a handy link of holster shops:

http://www.alumbankweb.com/cc-riglinks.php

I have a good destantis mini-slide holster now but it’s one where it goes outside the belt. I wear it when I wear heavy clothing but when I want to dress light it sticks out as a bulge on my right side so I was considering getting a holster that goes into the jeans there for having only the handle sticking out do you guy’s know what I mean?
    It's called an "Inside the Waistband" holster, AKA "IWB." Everyone makes them. For a first-ever IWB, you could do worse than a kydex IWB from a name manufacturer, say Sidearmor or Comp-tac. And you see plenty of used G19 holsters for sale on the various gun boards.

My next questions is I have heard many incidents where people shoot themselves with glocks…how safe are glocks?
    As safe as any other modern pistol, BUT the lighter trigger pull offers less margin for errors. Just stay cautious, as you've described yourself. There's no need to holster rapidly or carelessly. Take all the time you want.

PS: I'll probably be at SPAG this weekend, if you want to try out the IWBs I use (I have kydex Sidearmor and a leather TT -- these two IWBs cover the two basic styles...I'm right handed, and these are made for a 1.5" gunbelt. If you don't have a real gunbelt, that's a separate but important issue).
    Last edited by dgg9; December 2nd, 2008 at 01:08 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Not to be a jerk here, but the only way a Glock can go off is if you pull the trigger, and you can't pull the trigger unless the safety tab is depressed at the same time. Keep your finger out of the trigger guard until you're ready to shoot and you'll be good to go. The people that shoot themselves with their Glocks broke the above rule.
    Toujours prêt

(Adams County)

Ditto what Hawk said about the safety of the Glock. Numerous PDs have adopted the Glock due in part to their inherent safety.

Check out the holsters by Crossbreed. They make a rather comfy IWB, and I don't really care for them, but I own this one. Get the horsehide (tougher) and the battle cut (allows full grip before presentation of the weapon)

(Venango County)

I'll second the Crossbreed.....excellent quality, and makes my full size Glock disappear

Glock Pistols.......So simple a Caveman could fix them!

(Berks County)

From what Ive seen, most of the self-woundings with Glocks are not due to unexpected trigger pull, but not having the gun pointed in a safe direction and not knowing the load condition of the weapon. This is what I assume, as most cases of NDs are when the owner is cleaning the gun, and since the feild strip process on a Glock is to drop the striker into an empty chamber, I could see this happening easily.

Just follow the rules and stay respectful of the weapon, which it sounds to me like you are.

(Bucks County)

desantis makes a holster called the "tuck this" great iwb holster padded and able to be put anywhere> as far as iwb holsters go i prefer int he small of the back of somewhere toward the rear of you hip. As far as shooting yourself aka glock leg, just becareful holstering your weapon< once its in your fine, it won't go off in your holster> i carry a g21 everday in a holster and out and never fear an AC. good luck
    "Where would man be without his rights, weapons, and beasts." -me

(Northampton County)

For a really good Glock 19 holster. Visit www.jsholsters.com

They have several styles and it is money back if you are not hapy with it.

I carry My Glock 19 for 18 hours in total comfort.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ALPAPS View Post
    My next questions is I have heard many incidents where people shoot themselves with glocks…how safe are glocks? I’m very cautious and careful when handling my glock 19..even when sliding it into my holster I would do it carefully and always make sure. I know that unless you actually pull the tripper it can’t go off then who are people shooting themselves with glocks? Can the trigger safety and trigger go off accidentally? And if so how? Could it get caught on something?
    Often, folks holster their weapon with their finger on the trigger, and shoot themselves in the foot/leg.

(Luzerne County)

You have asked how safe is the glock. I would in turn ask you how safe are you? In my mind there are three ways a gun can go off.

1. You point it at something and pull the trigger.
    2. AD accidental discharge This happens when a gun goes off by itself.
    3. ND Negligent discharge This happens when someone is not paying attention to what their trigger finger is doing.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast