Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AK-47

(Bucks County)

Default AK-47

anybody know where i can buy one of these?

Default Re: AK-47

It really depends on what you want. Dunham's Sporting Goods usually has the WASR variant. They are a chain store. You can do a store search from their web site. You can also go to a gun shop and have them order you one of many new AKs. Check out www.gunbroker.com You will find many for sale on there. After you have done that, we can address the issue of milled receiver or stamped receiver, underfolder, standard stock, yadda yadda yadda.
    Jules

(Allegheny County)

Go here for more than you want to know about AKs..

http://www.ak-47.net/ak47/index.html

(Lebanon County)

Please, be a little more specific on this. Are you looking for a semiauto or select fire (full auto). Lots of help is available, just need an idea of what you are looking for. Full auto= big bucks along with extra paperwork. Semiautos are reasonably priced, depends on your wants and budget.

(Bucks County)

yea sorry about that, im not gonna front, i dont know much about these.. im intrigued though and want to get into them, as it is legal here, and in CA you can almost go to jail for having them. But no im not looking for FUll auto, something semi-auto, now since i dont know anything about them i would like one already built ready to go, not build my own as i hear thats kinda fun.. thanks for your help

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ca2pa View Post
    ...since i dont know anything about them i would like one already built ready to go, not build my own as i hear thats kinda fun.. thanks for your help
    Building AK's are a lot harder than building AR's. You need lots of special tools to build an AK. An AR-15 can be put together in less than an hour with simple tools.

As far as AK's go, it all depends on your budget. You can pick up a Hungarian WASR-10 at gun shows for about $350 if you look around and find a deal. Other all American made models can go for a grand or more and there's lots of other models that vary in between that price range.

Oh, and welcome to PA. You're going to like it here.

(Allegheny County)

WASR rifles are Romanian.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Thekatar View Post
    WASR rifles are Romanian.
    Yeah. My bad. I couldn't remember where they came from as I was typing that post and for some reason I thought they were Hungarian.

Too many years and too many beers.

(Cambria County)

AK's RULE

Best investment I ever made. I was going to get an AR. But got a deal on an AK off a buddy of mine. It was the best thing to happen to me. I love this rifle. And the more I shoot it, the more I love it. Hard to find an easier to operate, simplistic, reliable, quick shooting firearm than the AK. You can expect to pay from around $300 up. Depends on what you want. Gunbrokers always has a bunch of them. Dunhams always has a nice selection. At least out here they do. And this site here finds members selling or trading them on and off. And once you have one. There are lots of fun things to add on to it to build it up the exact way you want it to look. I just traded with another PAFOA member the other day and picked up my second AK.

You can check out pics of other PAFOA members AK's on this thread here. There are some real beauties on there.

http://www.pafoa.org/forum/gun-pictu...those-aks.html
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

(Allegheny County)

Dunhams in Monroeville has quite a few to choose from including under folders.

Hawk,
    Toujours prêt

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast