Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baby Eagle?

(Blair County)

Default Baby Eagle?

I am thinking about purchasing a compact 9mm polymer Baby Eagle. Looking for thoughts from people who own one. Accuracy? Reliability?

Please, I do not want this to turn in to yet another discussion of which caliber is best. I am only considering the model mentioned above.

I already own a couple 357 Sigs, a 357 Magnum, a 9mm, a 40 & several 45's.

Thanks!

Al

(Wayne County)

Default Re: Baby Eagle?

I have an older, stainless BE in 9mm. This was back when they were being stamped with IMI and not Magnum Research but essentially, it's the same gun.

Mine is absolutely flawless...I LOVE this gun. I can feed it anything and it has never failed me. It will take HP as easy as FMJ rounds. As far as accuracy is concerned...I am not the best shot in the world but the gun does fine for me. It's not a target pistol but I can say that it is more than adequate for the job of a defense gun and I'm sure in the hands of someone more capable, accuracy would be fine. Putting it this way...I can consistently hit paper plates at 50 feet with this gun and that's taking into account that my eyes aren't all that great.

Basically...I think if you're considering one...go for it...mine is great and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

(Blair County)

Thanks TaurusGuy!

For some reason this pistol really sparks my interest. I do want to know about reliability & accuracy before spending the $$$ though.

How is their customer support?

Al

(Wayne County)

The newer compact is shorter than the one I have so I can't say anything about accuracy there...maybe someone else can give you an idea. As far as customer support? I have had the gun for over 5 years and haven't had to deal with customer support. I have never had a problem with it at all. Like I said...it has been flawless for me.

(Cambria County)

The polymer Baby Eagle is a different animal than the all-steel one. Head over to http://www.czforum.com/ and look in the "clones" section. The gun isn't so popular, so you might have to do some digging, but that's the most likely place to find what you're looking for. My recollection when I looked into it a few years ago was that it simply wasn't all that great of a firearm, but I don't recall specifics.

(Wayne County)

They've actually changed quite a bit? Too bad...the one I have is fantastic...it's a shame they would alter it.

(Cambria County)

Unless I'm mistaken, the OP is asking about a polymer Baby Eagle, not the model you have pictured in your post above. I have a lot of experience with the metal version of the gun (same one you have pictured there), it's a great firearm. The metal version you have pictured is still a bit different than the current (metal) crop anyway, but they haven't gotten worse, they're just as good or better.

Sorry for the confusion.
    Last edited by NineseveN; March 31st, 2008 at 12:51 PM.

(Wayne County)

I understood the polymer end of the question but mistakenly assumed that the gun itself was essentially the same other than that. I had actually considered trading mine for one of the newer ones but I like it too much and can't let go of it.

No confusion here except on my part! LOL!

(Chester County)

Hey it is Magnum Research everything that I have heard personally has been great. I was thinking about picking up the steel one in .45acp, but then I got bit by the 1911 bug.

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty!

(Clarion County)

I actually have two Baby Eagles, one is fullsize and the other is compact. Both are .40. The fullsize, I have had for years. It is great, I have never had a problem with it ever. The compact, I just bought a few weeks ago and so far so good....no problems at all. I only have about 50 rounds through it so far. Seems pretty accurate although I am not the greatest shot in the state!

Unfortunately, neither one is the polymer, so I can't speak for that model specifically. Mine are both metal. I'm actually not sure if they make the .40 in polymer, although a local shop does have two polymer 9mm's.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast