Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: pen gun

(Washington County)

Talking pen gun

I'm still waiting on my C&R license, and was curious: is a pen gun a C&R, or does the tax stamp apply? What about Gatling guns? I've never made an NFA purchase, and none of the threads I looked at actually specified.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: pen gun

hand cranked genuine or repro gatling guns are not NFA, they are considered a title 1 firearm.
    They cost more than most NFA, be aware.

Pen guns that can be fired without any other operation than releasing the plunger are NFA, considered an Any Other Weapon (AOW) and require a $5 tax and the same paperwork procedure to purchase all NFA by civilians.

A Braverman "Stinger" pen gun is a title 1 firearm as it requires some messing around to change configuration to "folded" before it can be fired.

in general, a C&R license has no effect on NFA transfers, costs, or taxes.

A list of C&R NFA firearms can be found on the ATF Website, they are VERY expensive, as C&R NFA guns are prized in states that only allow C&R NFA.
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

(York County)

hi well good post

Quote Originally Posted by JayBell View Post
    A list of C&R NFA firearms can be found on the ATF Website, they are VERY expensive, as C&R NFA guns are prized in states that only allow C&R NFA.
    Anyone know offhand what states those are? I am particularly interested in NJ. If they pass the new bill redefinining the requirements for a carry permit, and i could buy a C&R machinegun, I may just consider sticking around.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by eocoolj View Post
    Anyone know offhand what states those are? I am particularly interested in NJ. If they pass the new bill redefinining the requirements for a carry permit, and i could buy a C&R machinegun, I may just consider sticking around.
    IANAL....
    MG's and AOW's are the only NFA items you may own as a civilian in NJ, suppressors, sbr's, sbs', dd's are not allowed

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by c.sander View Post
    IANAL....
    MG's and AOW's are the only NFA items you may own as a civilian in NJ, suppressors, sbr's, sbs', dd's are not allowed
    My understanding is that, from a practical standpoint, you are more likely to get a concealed carry permit in NJ than permission for a MG.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    My understanding is that, from a practical standpoint, you are more likely to get a concealed carry permit in NJ than permission for a MG.
    while this may be true, the poster inquired as to the legality, not the possibility of his whatever that gives permission giving permission. and yes MG's and AOW's are legal in nj

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by c.sander View Post
    while this may be true, the poster inquired as to the legality, not the possibility of his whatever that gives permission giving permission. and yes MG's and AOW's are legal in nj
    Strange. I thought it might be useful information. Also thought it did not contradict what you said. I suppose I could have just said it without quoting you.

I will, however, clarify since it is getting a little muddied - you will never legally own full auto in NJ.
    Last edited by ungawa; November 29th, 2008 at 04:09 PM.

Disregard: bad joke attempt. I should have had coffee before trying to be funny
    Last edited by KCATS; November 30th, 2008 at 12:28 PM.