Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default DC hypocritical in banning guns for self-defense

Warren v. District of Columbia (1981):
    Two women were upstairs in a townhouse when they heard their roommate, a third woman, being attacked downstairs by intruders. They phoned the police several times and were assured that officers were on the way. After about 30 minutes, when their roommate's screams had stopped, they assumed the police had finally arrived. When the two women went downstairs they saw that in fact the police never came, but the intruders were still there. As the Warren court graphically states in the opinion: ``For the next fourteen hours the women were held captive, raped, robbed, beaten, forced to commit sexual acts upon each other, and made to submit to the sexual demands of their attackers.'' The three women sued the District of Columbia for failing to protect them, but D.C.'s highest court exonerated the District and its police, saying that it is a ``fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen.'' Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981).

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: DC hypocritical in banning guns for self-defense

Hence the very reason I would never comply with a law which disallowed for my personal self defense. Better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6.

It consistently amazes me that victim after victim of violent crime does not make people wake up and say "hey, maybe I should obtain the means to defend myself"

Can't help sheeple...
    MOLON LABE

(Berks County)

Default Re: DC hypocritical in banning guns for self-defense

Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHands View Post
    Hence the very reason I would never comply with a law which disallowed for my personal self defense. Better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6.

It consistently amazes me that victim after victim of violent crime does not make people wake up and say "hey, maybe I should obtain the means to defend myself"

Can't help sheeple...
    The only problem with that is you WOULD be tried by 12 and you WOULD lose. The better action would be to move.

Just remember that old song....."I fought the law and..." who won?

I don't know if we can ever overcome the rampent stupidity and ignorance that is so ingrained in our society.