Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lehigh County)

Default Over A Million PMAGs on Backorder

It’s not news that PMAGs and virtually all 30 round AR-15 mags are sold out nationwide and are going for insane prices on GunBroker etc, but according to the folks over at the Haus of Guns Magpul’s backorders for their popular PMAGs have topped over a million orders. That’s a lot of PMAGs.

Default Re: Over A Million PMAGs on Backorder

What's more to show you how they care about the consumer, they're buying more equipment to pump them out even at the risk of a ban which would make them lose money on buying that new equipment.

(Allegheny County)

Lets just hope that they're pumping them out with the same quality...

Hopefully they can keep the raw material coming in to keep the machines fed. Its no good to have lots of machines or to buy brand new ones if the raw material suppliers can't keep up. I imagine that just like every other manufacturer today, they operate with limited raw materials and count on "just in time" materials to show up....

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by billffn7 View Post
    Hopefully they can keep the raw material coming in to keep the machines fed. Its no good to have lots of machines or to buy brand new ones if the raw material suppliers can't keep up. I imagine that just like every other manufacturer today, they operate with limited raw materials and count on "just in time" materials to show up....
    I haven't heard of a resource scare on plastic and steel or whatever they use to make their magazines.

There are many other reasons why you don't expand your production facilities and hire new workers right now. First is this is just a scare. The fear of a ban has caused artifical demand for the product and it will not last especially if plans on the ban fall through. The second issue is if there is a ban will there be a halt on being able to manufacture these items. If they can't sell them for private use all that increased spending to enlarge your business will be a spending loss. So it is best just to just work with what you have now and wait and see what happens.
    Last edited by Kabloosh; January 14th, 2013 at 12:33 AM.

(York County)

Magpul wont state how many they can produce a day but they are running full bore. Back in the 2008 panic they stated they were producing tens of thousands a day. With newer machinery and techniques, I'm sure they are pumping out a "shit load"

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by Lee-online View Post
    Magpul wont state how many they can produce a day but they are running full bore. Back in the 2008 panic they stated they were producing tens of thousands a day. With newer machinery and techniques, I'm sure they are pumping out a "shit load"
    Probably takes longer to deburr(which they suck at anyways) and assemble a Pmag than the mold times.

If they wanted to really pump a shit ton out the could ship them right off the press...I'd gladly deburr and assemble it my self if it ment I could get a few more sooner.

(Delaware County)

A million on back order and I dont have one. I have a few 30 round ar15 metal after market ones. I would love to have a Pmag but I am not paying those prices.
    Last edited by harty; January 14th, 2013 at 02:01 AM.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/feedback-109/193181-harty.html

Common Sense isnt that common among people

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by spartakis252 View Post
    Probably takes longer to deburr(which they suck at anyways) and assemble a Pmag than the mold times.

If they wanted to really pump a shit ton out the could ship them right off the press...I'd gladly deburr and assemble it my self if it ment I could get a few more sooner.
    Deburring is for Mexicans. With the volume of product that they produce, it's possible that there's an automated line to assemble them right off of the molding machines. If that's the case, then they can't do any better than to run the line 24/7. To increase production beyond that, they'd have to build another line, which isn't going to happen under these circumstances.

A million on backorder!

That ought to stimulate the economy.