Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Want to clarify gun sale on GunBroker.

I just want to clarify this because it's no small matter.

I don't have an FFL license. Can I still sell a firearm on GunBroker? If it sells, it's just a matter of shipping it from my local gun shop to another gun shop/FFL holder, correct?

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Want to clarify gun sale on GunBroker.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthropophagus View Post
    I just want to clarify this because it's no small matter.

I don't have an FFL license. Can I still sell a firearm on GunBroker? If it sells, it's just a matter of shipping it from my local gun shop to another gun shop/FFL holder, correct?
    yes you can sell a firearm on gunbroker. the firearm MUST go to an FFL holder in the buyers state for pickup. You do not have to send it from an FFL, you can send it yourself and only need to include a copy of your drivers license. The only problem is quite a few FFL's don't want to accept a firearm from an individual so you will need to verify that with the buyers FFL. If they won't accept it from you then you will need to have a local FFL ship it for you.

Rich W.

(Northampton County)

Correct, you don't have to ship threw a dealer either if the receiving FFL takes guns from non FFL’s. Some do some don’t. That is up to the dealer.

I don’t.

(Westmoreland County)

True you do not have to ship from an FFL holder, but there are four problems with doing it your self. One finding a shipper that will do it, last I heard there are only a Few Fed-x stores that will do it, USPS. Will not as well as UPS, the second problem is you are responsible for the Gun until it reaches the FFL holder on the other end , and third I checked into shipping a Hand gun and Fed-X they wanted more to ship it than a Dealer I know. And finally as already stated some FFL dealers will not except shipments from non-FFL holders

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by hornady View Post
    True you do not have to ship from an FFL holder, but there are four problems with doing it your self. One finding a shipper that will do it, last I heard there are only a Few Fed-x stores that will do it, USPS. Will not as well as UPS, the second problem is you are responsible for the Gun until it reaches the FFL holder on the other end , and third I checked into shipping a Hand gun and Fed-X they wanted more to ship it than a Dealer I know. And finally as already stated some FFL dealers will not except shipments from non-FFL holders
    Play it safe and ship from a FFL. The FFL may charge you for it.

(Luzerne County)

Couple clarifications to prior posts.

1) You are not required by law to send a copy of your drivers license. A receiving FFL might require this but it is not a legal req. Reason being that the FFL needs to have the info to properly log in the firearm and often times that info is not sent... Probably the number one reason FFL's do not accept from non FFL's.

2) Non license holders CAN ship long guns through the USPS

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Franklin County)

A few more:

1. Both UPS and FedEx DO accept firearm shipments (including handguns), but they must be sent from a daily pickup account, or through a local terminal, not a storefront type of establishment.

2. Both UPS and FedEx require (by policy) that you "verbally notify the UPS driver or UPS Customer Center clerk" and ship it via overnight service, but it is not illegal to send via a non-priority service and without notification of the contents. However, you should only do so if you are willing to assume the risk in case of damage/loss, as they won't cover shipments not sent in compliance with their policies.
    Last edited by gnbrotz; March 11th, 2009 at 03:33 PM.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by Pa. Patriot View Post
    Couple clarifications to prior posts.

1) You are not required by law to send a copy of your drivers license. A receiving FFL might require this but it is not a legal req. Reason being that the FFL needs to have the info to properly log in the firearm and often times that info is not sent... Probably the number one reason FFL's do not accept from non FFL's.
    For future reference... exactly what info does the receiving FFL need to properly log in the firearm?

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by HiredGoon View Post
    For future reference... exactly what info does the receiving FFL need to properly log in the firearm?
    Full name and physical address.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pa. Patriot View Post
    Full name and physical address.
    I have always excepted firearms from individuals but do require a photo copy of your state issued ID. I don't care if it is a DL or CCW or LTCF or ID. But I will not recieve and I don't know any FFL that would without a copy of some form of ID. without it what would stop someone from just sending a note stating it's from

Joe Blow
    1234 bite me rd.
    who cares, I da ho, 0u812

JMHO,
    Rich W.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast