Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Activist Forum

(Delaware County)

Default Activist Forum

I have snipped a post of mine and placed it here in case it too get's lost in the clutter. From the "LTCF REVOKED" thread post #150

(http://www.pafoa.org/forum/concealed...tml#post432627).

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    As this thread hurls upward toward the sky in post numbers, this would be another appropriate time for a locked info thread. Maybe even add a specific forum for the locked threads (for ease of finding), so cases that have passed can be reviewed for info, similarities, & strategies when new cases, such as this, arise.

This site is becoming more and more involved in activism, a new forum section for these incidents would make things easier to find.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngelCD View Post
    I'm sorry to add to the clutter but something has to be done about these threads. I just spent almost a half hour reading through 15 pages to find only 4 or 5 threads with actual information.

Please, is there some way to fix this so we can get to information easily. Matters like this are far too important to risk missing the pertinent posts hidden within 15 PAGES!
    I've already mentioned the need for this as you can see above, and you are a prime example of why every time one of these things happens I again mention this. Not everyone spends every minute of every day glued to the computer screen. Believe it or not some folks just check in once a week. They see a thread called LTCF REVOKED and want to know what happened and how they can help but have to wade thru countless pages of discussion to find the pertinent facts of the case.

Don't get me wrong, I think the discussion portion of these events are important too, bouncing ideas and opinions around is healthy, getting it off your chest so to speak. However, as was once heard on Dragnet, "Just the facts Ma'am", has it's place as well.

As more and more of these incidents are happening and the good folks on this site are becoming involved in activism, to help out and get the word out I truly believe it is time for the powers that be to create another forum for threads that are for the facts only and locked by the mods to keep them free of the clutter so anyone who doesn't want to get involved in the discussions but does want to help can easily find out how to do just that.

I believe this whole forum was designed with eventually becoming a 2A activism group with a voice in Pennsylvania in mind. I also think an "Activist" forum is now necessary to separate emotion from facts in these cases.

Bill

(Mifflin County)

Default Re: Activist Forum

I agree. Have the section locked where only mods can start new threads/post new posts. That way even the threads stay uncluttered. Have it be just a information section, and discussions can continue in the regular forums.

(Delaware County)

Great idea. I am one of those people you speak of SB. I have a demanding job and most of my time is consummed in work and preparing for it. What little free time I do have, I have to share with family, my leisure activities and the computer. I try to check the computer each day but I look for the quick and easy. If I have to delve too long, I am done. I don't have the time or patience with work on the horizon. I have more time on the weekends, tho.

Having the threads uncluttered will be a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    As more and more of these incidents are happening and the good folks on this site are becoming involved in activism, to help out and get the word out I truly believe it is time for the powers that be to create another forum for threads that are for the facts only and locked by the mods to keep them free of the clutter so anyone who doesn't want to get involved in the discussions but does want to help can easily find out how to do just that.
    Rep coming to you, Bill. You said what I've been thinking. I think it'd be very useful to have a Facts-only thread that keeps people up-to-date with where each issue we're dealing with is. I second Bill's idea. It's a good idea!

I would rep you if I could bill but i'm not allowed. I had the same idea a few weeks ago but posted it in the "we want your ideas" section.

"you have no power; here is the power; feel the power, brat, and then speak again of how you come to kill the Eternal."
    Pennywise The Clown

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pennywise View Post
    I would rep you if I could bill but i'm not allowed. I had the same idea a few weeks ago but posted it in the "we want your ideas" section.
    I bring it up every time we have an incident that becomes a hot potato, the facts get lost so quickly among hundreds of posts. Now that they are happening more often it's time to consolidate them all in one place for reference.

(Cambria County)

I'm with you on this one sb. Having the locked and stickied threads at the top of the OC/CC thread is okay for now, but it is already getting cluttered. We could use a separate category for Activism/Member Actions vs Rights Violations.

(Allegheny County)

It is, was, and has been, an excellent idea.

I do think it should it be named something like "INFORMATIONAL FORUM" though. There are other types of "activism" going on, and plenty of orginaizing that needs discussion.

see the thread in my sig line (shameless, I know)

(Erie County)

Sounds good to me, just need to nail down the specifics...