Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    The land o' cotton, old times there are not forgotten

Default The husband wants a gun that he can shoot too

My daughter and I stopped at a local gun shop the other day just to look around. Of particular interest to me was the attractive woman in her late 30s who was shopping for a pistol. She had come armed with a short list of guns recommended by a friend and was looking in particular at a Ruger LCP .380 and an S&W Bodyguard 38 with the laser.

The salesman did a good job of explaining the pros and cons of the two systems and it helped that the lady had shot a friends LCP. Throughout the process she commented a couple times that she wished her husband was there as a sounding board.

Eventually she decided on the Smith because she liked the laser and the simplicity of operation of the revolver. Then she made her big mistake. She called her husband and asked him to come to the store. I suppose it was to validate her choice.

The husband shows up and she explains that she's settled on the Smith and he says, "Well then, I guess that's what you're getting" and turns to walk out. Hubby pauses and asks if you can shoot anything more powerful than a .38 out of the gun. The salesman says you can shoot +P but he wouldn't recommend it because of how punishing it is in a small, lightweight revolver.

Hubby doesn't want that. He wants "to be able to shoot it too" so he wants to look at .357 snubbies. The salesman points out that .357 snubbies are brutal but the guy doesn't care, he want's something that he can shoot. The wife says that it is going to be her gun and the husband says "If we go to the range I want to be able to shoot it" and insists on looking at the .357s.

At this point my daughter and I leave and when we're outside Blond Beardless One says, "That guy was an ass." BBO was confounded by the hubby's apparent assertion that he couldn't shoot his wife's gun with wimpy .38 Spl loads.

It's not like she had settled on a Raven in .25 ACP, her choice was a quality firearm. The problem was that her choice offended his sense of macho.

(Berks County)

Default Re: The husband wants a gun that he can shoot too

Lady needs a divorce.

Perhaps they could've compromised on something like a Ruger LCR in 357 Magnum that can also shoot 38 Special without an issue?

(Jefferson County)

Magnumitus or small genitals.

For some reason, some folks have to have big, powerful, cartridges/guns. ...yet even the lowly .22Short has been proven to kill someone just as dead as a 155mm howitzer can. (there is only one level of dead)
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515, SteveWag

Don't end up in my signature!

(Bucks County)

He's been pussy-whipped. She's a feminist who entered the marriage with the plan that married people do everything together, and neither has any individual time or activity. She got what she created.

(Philadelphia County)

I know a couple Gun Store Owners who would have wondered if she was buying the gun for her husband, who just may have been prohibited.

"something he can shoot"?

What an idiotic hissy fit. First of all, what stops him from being able to shoot it? Secondly and most importantly...she needs something SHE can shoot, it's her gun.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post

What an idiotic hissy fit. First of all, what stops him from being able to shoot it? Secondly and most importantly...she needs something SHE can shoot, it's her gun.
    Exactly.

Then refer to my prior post.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515, SteveWag

Don't end up in my signature!

The land o' cotton, old times there are not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Solaran_X View Post
    Perhaps they could've compromised on something like a Ruger LCR in 357 Magnum that can also shoot 38 Special without an issue?
    I think that you missed the point. See Al Paca's comment.

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Bearded One View Post
    Of particular interest to me was the attractive woman in her late 30s who was shopping for a pistol.
    Didn't happen without pictures (of her)
    Yond Cassius has a lean and hungry look; He thinks too much, such men are dangerous

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast