Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Cumberland County)

Default back to work after 3 months

today was my first day back to work after three months off with knee surgery and a hip replacement . i didn't realize how out of shape i was until about lunch time. I'm an iron worker so today just about kicked my ass. any one Else know what I'm talking about share your stories.

(Somerset County)

Default Re: back to work after 3 months

I'm looking at both knees replaced in the very near future. I'm not as concerned with the actual surgery as I am being out of commission for rehab. I'm doing it this summer so I don't have to use a walker or crutches in the snow and ice, but it sure is going to put a damper on my summer activities. I hope I can drive soon after.
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by Kempo View Post
    I'm looking at both knees replaced in the very near future. I'm not as concerned with the actual surgery as I am being out of commission for rehab. I'm doing it this summer so I don't have to use a walker or crutches in the snow and ice, but it sure is going to put a damper on my summer activities. I hope I can drive soon after.
    Are you getting both knees replaced at the same time? I have heard that it is better to do them one at a time to avoid more problems. Just a thought.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kempo View Post
    you will be up walking the next day.as for driving it will be at least 6 weeks

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by HiredGoon View Post
    Are you getting both knees replaced at the same time? I have heard that it is better to do them one at a time to avoid more problems. Just a thought.
    most doctor will only do one at a time

(Berks County)

I know what you mean,

I was out of work for a bit longer when I broke my hip (MVA with conrail). O got so bored at home I basically hounded my doctor to release me back to work early, what a mistake.

I hope you feel better soon, God bless.

(Adams County)

Hey, 338-
    I'm Keith, been lurking, waiting for the right time to weigh in. Congrats on getting back to work, I know "an idle mind is the devil's playground". I had a stroke on Jan. 4 this year and was out of work for 9 weeks. I'm a truck driver, and the first few days back were murder, trying to stay alert for a 10-14 hour day. Also the 15 lbs. I put onto a body that was already 25 lbs. overweight was hard to carry around, too. Fortunately, 3 weeks later, I'm having an easier time making it through the day, losing weight and just getting back into the groove. Hang in there, you'll be back in step before long.
    Keith

(Somerset County)

Quote Originally Posted by HiredGoon View Post

I don't know if it will be one at a time or both at the same time. Supposedly only a few people are candidates for having both done at the same time. I should know more later today. I have an appointment today to get cortizone shots again and discuss the replacement.
    NRA Benefactor

(Dauphin County)

4 months for me just got back this past week to a new job,shoulder injury and a truck driver.
    the last one fired me while i was on workers comp. said i didnt qualify for FMLA leave pfft its ok i got a nice settlement from the workers comp and a better paying job..