Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gun thief

(Lehigh County)

Default Gun thief

It was brought to my attention that a thief has been making the rounds to eastern PA gun clubs. He strikes up a friendly conversation with someone at the range, and when you go down range, he takes off with with your gun. He might be driving a black Lincoln SUV. Be careful.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Gun thief

Quote Originally Posted by wheelman53 View Post
    It was brought to my attention that a thief has been making the rounds to eastern PA gun clubs. He strikes up a friendly conversation with someone at the range, and when you go down range, he takes off with with your gun. He might be driving a black Lincoln SUV. Be careful.
    I guess Ill be slinging my rifle over my shoulder to check targets then.I never liked leaving my rifles at the bench....always sounded like a bad idea to me.
    Gott mit uns

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by Triggerh4ppy View Post
    I guess Ill be slinging my rifle over my shoulder to check targets then.I never liked leaving my rifles at the bench....always sounded like a bad idea to me.
    Some ranges specifically forbid. I usually leave someone with mine, but not always practical or possible.

(Cambria County)

I don't see this as a lasting career on the thieves part.
    You can only draw so many lines in the sand before you are backed into a corner...

(Montgomery County)

I see another problem. Gun owners are a very friendly group of people. Have you ever seen someone at a range NOT let someone see and hold one of their guns? Every time I comment on someones gun they have offered to let me shoot it. And I rarely ask to shoot someones gun unless there is something very special about it. But almost every time I say something nice about someones gun they clear it and hand it to me to look over. Without me asking them.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhra View Post
    I see another problem. Gun owners are a very friendly group of people. Have you ever seen someone at a range NOT let someone see and hold one of their guns? Every time I comment on someones gun they have offered to let me shoot it. And I rarely ask to shoot someones gun unless there is something very special about it. But almost every time I say something nice about someones gun they clear it and hand it to me to look over. Without me asking them.

+1, Always have met good people at the range who are very welcoming. Really makes it easy to recon their victim. Hope as already stated that his career is short lived.

(Monroe County)

Yup... And I'm guilty. Whenever someone comments one of my guns at the range, the first thing I do is clear it and say "Here, take a look... Do you want to give it a try?"

I suppose I should be more careful...

But fortunately, I don't use shooting ranges anymore... I use the backyard. Why? Because I can

(Lehigh County)

i always try to go out with atleast one other person i trust.... i too have noticed that the bond we all share makes us somewhat trusting of random people... i think back and every time someone asked what i was shooting or what i had on me... actons were cleared and guns traded hands....

(Philadelphia County)

Very very true

JUSTITIA ET VIRTUS

(Chester County)

Black Lincoln SUV, any idea on what the person driving it looks like except "friendly"?
    Great job!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast