Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 98 of 108 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102 ... LastLast
    (Dauphin County)

Default Re: Annual Harrisburg Rally - June 8, 2020

Glad I was able to make it, although a little late. Next time I'll make sure to not need any fillings prior to the rally. I'll also make sure to bring something with me to the lunch so I don't feel like a moocher.
    "Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things."- Marvin Heemeyer

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    You want my sign and digits too.
    Check out CBS21's article...a nice shot of my backside to hold you over until next year.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Quote Originally Posted by spandexlurch View Post
    Glad I was able to make it, although a little late. Next time I'll make sure to not need any fillings prior to the rally. I'll also make sure to bring something with me to the lunch so I don't feel like a moocher.
    Next year I'm bringing a dessert, and one I won't have to borrow the host's oven for.

We were light on desserts. Last year we had a ton...I remember Polish cookies in particular.

I'm not saying it won't have bacon though. Someone always has to bring bacon. I have an idea already...
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    That's OF&U. I love that he does that and think it would be a great idea if we all did.

I've met so many people in the 3 years of rallies I've attended and I feel bad if I can't put a face to a name after a year. Happened to me today, but don't take it personally if I have to ask your name.

I'd absolutely donate the tags and design a PAFOA template to write on...or even take orders so I can have them pre-printed for you. I'd bring some blanks too.

Something to think about for next year.

I'd also love to know more people on a first-name basis (if they don't mind) instead of a screen-name basis.
    you'll find people more open to communicating details in private. i already think there is a photo or two of me on this site and that is more than enough for someone with the intent to link everything up.
    not that i do or say anything illegal...ish

looks like for a few bucks a piece we can all go get our own buttons or badges or id cards. something that pins on. just could use some template art.
    if left with a blank spot, people with good handwriting can just fill in with a marker and one batch can be bought which will drop the price per unit by a lot Vs each individual doing their own custom.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

I was thinking the tags with a pin on the back like I have to use at work conferences and trainings. I could price the lanyard type but they'd have to be breakaways for safety. People with rifle slings may not want to deal with them though.

I'd never ask anyone to post their real names on PAFOA if they do not want to, definitely to be done by private message.

Also, if someone only prefers to put their PAFOA name on the tag, that's fine too, but still saves everyone from asking "and who are you on the forum?" like we all do.
    Last edited by alpacaheat; June 8th, 2020 at 08:40 PM.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Butler County)

That's OF&U. I love that he does that and think it would be a great idea if we all did.

I've met so many people in the 3 years of rallies I've attended and I feel bad if I can't put a face to a name after a year. Happened to me today, but don't take it personally if I have to ask your name.

I'd absolutely donate the tags and design a PAFOA template to write on...or even take orders so I can have them pre-printed for you. I'd bring some blanks too.

Something to think about for next year.

I'd also love to know more people on a first-name basis (if they don't mind) instead of a screen-name basis.
    Let's coordinate it on PA2A for the next one!

(Lycoming County)

Check out CBS21's article...a nice shot of my backside to hold you over until next year.
    Ooh baby.

You should come up for the summer shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by pens87pgh View Post
    Let's coordinate it on PA2A for the next one!
    Only issue with that is that a lot of us have different screen names on each site.

We could always make it a more general 2A design and just leave it up to the wearer to decide what name they provide.

We'll talk about it there more in the future. I'm up for contributing in any way I can over there.

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    Ooh baby.

You should come up for the summer shoot.

I have plans. And a wife.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Butler County)

I was thinking the tags with a pin on the back like I have to use at work conferences and trainings. I could price the lanyard type but they'd have to be breakaways for safety. People with rifle slings may not want to deal with them though.

I'd never ask anyone to post their real names on PAFOA if they do not want to, definitely to be done by private message.

Also, if someone only prefers to put their PAFOA name on the tag, that's fine too, but still saves everyone from asking "and who are you on the forum?" like we all do.
    Yeah just on POOFA that totally makes sense you shouldn't ask, but when you're meeting in person you gotta have something. Name tags would make that easy.

Quote Originally Posted by pens87pgh View Post
    Yeah just on POOFA that totally makes sense you shouldn't ask, but when you're meeting in person you gotta have something. Name tags would make that easy.
    Calling someone "Gunowner17101" at lunch is awkward.

I've gotten used to answering to "Alpaca" though.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Page 98 of 108 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102 ... LastLast