Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Default You can piss about targetmaster all you want......

However, I went there the other day and got prompt, courteous service the minute I walked in. I was only there to check out any consignment guns they might of had, and picked up a box of shells while I was there. In this day of empty shelves at most ammo counters, I can always count of TM to have what I want. If you need 9mm, .357, or .45ACP, they have tons. Its plain Jane Remington stuff, but hey, it beats throwing rocks.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: You can piss about targetmaster all you want......

Cool, I would wish that their ARs would drop in price. I cant see spending $1,400.00 and $1,799.00 on Colts when everyone else are selling them $200 to $400 cheaper.

(Bucks County)

i got a valmet m76 for 1000 bucks at TM plus got a decent deal on a browning buckmark a few years ago. i've been to TM several times just browsing and have always been treated OK. i've read all the horror stories about them but i guess i've been lucky that i've never run into any attitude. i do think some of their guns are over priced but i don't begrudge any shop asking for whatever they think they can get. i do most of my buying at tanners, classic pistol or surplus city.

(Chester County)

I have read a lot of bad stuff about TM, but when I have gone there or called to check price/stock, I was never treated badly.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by MagicMan View Post
    I have read a lot of bad stuff about TM, but when I have gone there or called to check price/stock, I was never treated badly.
    ooh god i have. i was told that i would be given a call back and got nothing. tm sucks! i purchased pistols there and the service was terrable, it took 40 minutes to pay for my item. if the paperwork wasnt already complete i would have walked.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by BIRTHMACHINE View Post
    ooh god i have. i was told that i would be given a call back and got nothing. tm sucks! i purchased pistols there and the service was terrable, it took 40 minutes to pay for my item. if the paperwork wasnt already complete i would have walked.
    So, because they didn't cal you back once, they blow? You thought they sucked, but continued to buy pistols there? How many times? Why didn't you nip in the bud the first time?

I’ve been to TM a couple of times. It all depends on who you get, just like any store. TM has some Ego people employed, just bigger than other places. Why buy there? They have a better selection than others. Maybe that’s why the owner permits bad service sometimes (ultimately this practice will hurt business or the owner doesn’t care). I don’t like their policy of not allowing WWB ammo. I have heard several different reasons from different employees. Dirty & the WalMart name are a few. Question, what union do the TM employees belong to?

(Northampton County)

A buddy of mine goes there a few times a year and likes them. Yes, they make him draw a picture of proper sight alignment.

I dropped in once just to ask if they allow FA. They were friendly. They said yes but no rifle cal. So I drove on to Classic. Since TM is not close to me, if I'm going down that way, I'll end up at Classic. I already have an indoor handgun range much closer to me.

I just applied for a job there the other day....don't know much about them yet.