Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Glockman's trigger

I am going to Valley Forge gun show next week..Is it worth getting a 3.5 lb trigger,extended slide release,& an extended mag release from the glockman on my glock?

(Lycoming County)

Default Re: Glockman's trigger

Really depends what your planning on doing with it.

I do like the extended slide release thats on my 34.
    “It's not a gun control problem; it's a cultural control problem.” Bob Barr

"I have a love interest in every one of my films - a gun." Arnold Schwarzenegger

(Northampton County)

Just want a crisper trigger.

(Lycoming County)

I have no personal experience with their triggers, but I' sure someone here has. I've never had a problem with the factory Glock triggers.
    “It's not a gun control problem; it's a cultural control problem.” Bob Barr

"I have a love interest in every one of my films - a gun." Arnold Schwarzenegger

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by akapjr View Post
    Just want a crisper trigger.
    Buy a 1911!

*Zing!

In all seriousness. I have a friend who I believe had work done on his. I will try and find out tomorrow for you.

(Fayette County)

i'd recommend the Lone Wolf 3.5 lb. Connector. it's probably the best and it's the cheapest. then get a 6 lb. trigger spring. as opposed to the 5 lb. stock weight.

that should give you the crisp trigger your looking for. and should only run you around $20 may be more or less with shipping and where you get the parts from. it's not hard at all to install those parts either, can be done in 10-15 minutes.

i run a LW 3.5 connector and 4 lb. striker spring in my range glock with a coil clipped off the drop safety. i haven't put it on a trigger pull gauge yet but i'd estimate around a 3-4 lb pull, if not lighter. and it's super crisp.

the ext. slide lock and ext. mag release are totally preference. i tried an ext. mag release on my carry glock and it was just way to long. it lasted all but a couple hours in mine. jabbed my side way to much and was really uncomfortable. i've never had an issue with the stock slide lock to change it.

then it depends on what your using the glock for. is it an EDC or is it a range only target pistol. my carry glock has the 5 lb. connector and 5 lb. trigger spring because i feel the really light trigger is 'too' light for carry. but others may feel different.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by wils91 View Post
    ...then it depends on what your using the glock for. is it an EDC or is it a range only target pistol. my carry glock has the 5 lb. connector and 5 lb. trigger spring because i feel the really light trigger is 'too' light for carry. but others may feel different.
    Concur 100%...

My G19 has the stock trigger. The G17 has the 3˝ lb connector. The lighter trigger is, imho, too light considering the stress of a SD situation.
    Well, pushed 60 too hard so now I am the big SIX-OH. Now I can be a real pain in the ass! And, who says growin' old isn't fun!!

I installed all three on my Glock 17 and I love it. The trigger is much better. All the parts are easy to install and can be done in 20 min. Makes the gun like a Glock 34 but shorter. I don't buy in to all the people who say the trigger is too light for self defense. Lighter trigger usually means more accurate. Also don't point your gun at aything that is not going to get shot and you don't even have to worry about the trigger.

Buy the parts and install them. It's cheap enough even if you don't like it just take them off.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Chester County)

I am going to Valley Forge gun show next week..Is it worth getting a 3.5 lb trigger,extended slide release,& an extended mag release from the glockman on my glock?
    Not unless you're going to use it solely as a range or competition gun.

The ESR and EMR are just fine, regardless of what you're going to use it for, go for it.

But I'd stay the hell away from a lighter than stock trigger on a carry gun. It doesn't bother some folks, and that's fine for them, but I can tell you the following, for an absolute certainty:

1) It presents a host of potential legal consequences. Pretending it doesn't demonstrates an utter lack of understanding about how the legal system works. Trust me, if you've just shot someone, right or wrong, the last thing you need is to complicate already thorny issues with something like this.

and

2) It genuinely can increase the likelihood of an unintentional shot. Vasoconstriction is very real. "Booger hook off the bang switch" is all well and good, but I don't want to increase the chances of an unintended shot. We're all fallible. And we all like to think we have perfect trigger discipline. But I've lost track of the number of times I've watched very talented and experienced shooters in competition RUN with their finger on the trigger -- only to insist a second later than they had their finger outside of the trigger guard. And they're being completely honest -- they're so wound up they really don't know they did it. Assuming you won't do it is a bad idea.

As an aside, a lighter connector isn't going to give you a more crisp break -- it's going to give you a lighter, mushier break. If you want a crisp break you need to get a pro to set up the trigger for you. Vanek Custom has a number of kits. I run the Classic in my IDPA/IPSC G34 -- it's incredible, and far beyond what you get with a lighter connector.
    The material presented herein is for informational purposes only, is not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date, does not constitute legal advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT act or rely on any information in this post or e-mail without seeking the advice of an attorney YOU have retained.

In plain English, while I am an attorney, I'm NOT your attorney, and I'm NOT giving you legal advice.

(Allegheny County)

No, No, and No! Don't add a thing! If you want to improve the trigger - shoot it (a lot)! Or if you can't wait, do the 25 cent Glock trigger job.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE8ZFj7qll4

I had the 3.5 Ghost trigger in my G17, I thought it was the cats meow. I tried the 25 cent trigger job on my G26. I immediately removed the 3.5 Ghost from my G19 and threw it in the trash. The 25 cent trigger job was much much better. It smoothed out the trigger and sharpened the break. I still can't get over the improvement it made!
    Toujours pręt

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast