Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Age?

Default Your Age?

Don't think I've ever seen this post? How old are you & when did you receive or purchased your first firearm?
    Me...53 of last July.
    Me...Received a 410 @ age 6 from my father. Almost 6
    We lived in farm country in Marianna, & Dellwood,Florida
    Can you imagine how the public would react today?
    My cousin & I were hunting squirrel's & rabbit after 3 years of hunting with one of our father's. Which put's us @ 9 year's old. We followed the safety our father's has taught & made us repeat (verbially) about every day. We are still alive & to date have not killed anyone, that didn't deserve it...lol
    Last edited by Ronnies111; December 13th, 2009 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Misspelled
    I'm Your Huckaberry...Say When:)

Default Re: Your Age?

Age 61. Bought my first gun, a Mossberg 20 ga bolt action at age 10 from my uncle. We were surrounded by farms & I kept the family supplied with pheasant, rabbits & quail all Fall/Winter.

First rifle was a new Mossberg 22 that I bought with money from my paper route about a year later, followed closely by a used Win. Model 74. I don't think I paid over $30 for any of the above guns.

First pistol was a new S&W 38 Spl I bought when I was in the service. That cost me $66, if I remember correctly.

Times change!
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

(Luzerne County)

51, Brought my first 22 rifle, Sears, can't remember what model but it was a bolt action. Shot my first handgun when I was 5. We were at the vacation home in vermont, and my father let me and my brothers shoot his 22 high standard revolver, and his gvt model 45. Boy was i hooked.

(York County)

59 here (soon to be 60)
    .22 single shot bolt action rifle when I was between 10 and 12. I don't recall the brand of the rifle, but it was pretty old when given to me.
    Well, pushed 60 too hard so now I am the big SIX-OH. Now I can be a real pain in the ass! And, who says growin' old isn't fun!!

(Somerset County)

63 here , my Father gave me my 1st gun , a Steven/Savage 22 cal. single shot , in 1954 for Christmas .
    Don't blame me ; I voted for an American .

(York County)

technically inherited grandpa's shotguns when he passed...I was 6 or 7.
    took posession of them when I was about 18.
    bought first gun at age 21... Browning Buckmark .22LR
    Let us never forget the sacrifice of those who have fought for us all.

(Lackawanna County)

i'm 37 now. i bought my first handgun when i was 16, from a biker i worked with in the Bronx. i think it was a Raven .25ACP. i practiced by shooting pigeons and beer bottles on the roof of an abandoned building.

i bought my first legal handgun when i was about 33; it was a S&W SW9VE, from Gander Mountain in Dickson City. i had owned a few before then, and had custody of my brother's, but it was my first real gunshop purchase. my first shotgun was bought from a local shop two years later.

Quote Originally Posted by IronButt View Post
    Age 61. Bought my first gun, a Mossberg 20 ga bolt action at age 10 from my uncle. We were surrounded by farms & I kept the family supplied with pheasant, rabbits & quail all Fall/Winter.

First rifle was a new Mossberg 22 that I bought with money from my paper route about a year later, followed closely by a used Win. Model 74. I don't think I paid over $30 for any of the above guns.

First pistol was a new S&W 38 Spl I bought when I was in the service. That cost me $66, if I remember correctly.

Times change!

That's nice when you can remember & lived when the country (USA) was a really nice & safer place to live & enjoy, It's a whole different place to be today & as every day goes by it continue's to deteriorate from within. Some of our leader's has a whole different country in mind? What was his name???
    Last edited by Ronnies111; December 13th, 2009 at 01:23 PM.
    I'm Your Huckaberry...Say When:)

(Monroe County)

Pulled my first trigger on a shotgun at age 6( a year after I moved here from NYC)in BELIEVE IT OR NOT: A 1ST GRADE FIELD TRIP!!!!!!!!!!!! We shot at clays. Oh how times have changed!!!!!!!

Then in the scouts I fired shotguns and .22's for years.

Age 22 bought my first handgun, a SA XD9 Service model.
    Reason: I was tired of watching the news and seeing the scum move into my area, and chose to defend myself and not become a victim. I realized my fists would no longer suffice, and acquaintances of mine had been mugged at gun and knife point many times during the months leading up to my purchase.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Montgomery County)

I'm 19. Got my first gun when I was 17, a 1941 JP Sauer K98. First gun I ever purchased myself was a MAS 49/56 about a month after I turned 18.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast