Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Police officer discretion

Quote Originally Posted by KCJones View Post
    Many years back, I took the trouble to 'memorize' the alphabet backwards. Can still do it. FWIW here's a good trick - you can do it backward to the same tune/cadence as the traditional "ABC" song, which helps. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txLBRHvEhOg

I realize it's supposed to be a 'trick' question, but the 2 times I've been put through the 'roadside' test I rattled it off without hesitation. Was told "good night, be on your way" both times.
    Every criminal defense lawyer YouTube video says to refuse the field sobriety test.

p.s. I can’t recite the alphabet backwards sober.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    Like I said, quit talking shit like you*re some type of authority.

I was referring to bumfuck towns from back in the day.

Hell, Guthriesville is the biggest speed trap going along 322. They're waiting in the former Croppers going west or the Beer distributor going east. 35mph on a downhill. We got pulled over by a State Trooper one night on the way back from a crabbing trip headed back to a friend's house in Brandamore. We were all pretty buzzed. Luckily we had a designated driver that night. I am an authority on it. I've seen friends and former co-workers get put through the DUI industrial complex. I used to drink back in the day but gave it up many years ago. I've never seen or heard of anyone being let go it's a myth people like to romanticize about fantasies.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    I used to drink back in the day but gave it up many years ago.
    You ain*t much fun since I quit drinkin. ~Toby Keith~

Edit: speed trap - true!

Every criminal defense lawyer YouTube video says to refuse the field sobriety test.

p.s. I can*t recite the alphabet backwards sober.
    What officer asked you to recite the alphabet backwards? Were you on a police comedy sitcom and didn't know it?

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by ar15jules View Post
    What officer asked you to recite the alphabet backwards? Were you on a police comedy sitcom and didn't know it?
    Not me, it was KC.

Not me, it was KC.
    I see that now! Sorry!!!!!!!!!

(York County)

p.s. I can*t recite the alphabet backwards sober.
    Yeah, that was long ago and I'd probably refuse it today.

Near-nobody can recite the alphabet backward sober or not. That's why it's a 'trick question'... I memorized it as a goof when someone bet me I couldn't. Only reason I still can is that frikkin' song.

FWIW, I've heard it's not one they typically ask anymore, anyhow.
    DGAF

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by ar15jules View Post
    Many years ago, both times in LA. LAPD used to always sit near my college and pull us 'snotty college punks' over on ANY pretext and put us through the full wringer.

Part of the reason I memorized it was too many friends pulled over and asked to do it.
    DGAF

Many years ago, both times in LA. LAPD used to always sit near my college and pull us 'snotty college punks' over on ANY pretext and put us through the full wringer.

Part of the reason I memorized it was too many friends pulled over and asked to do it.
    Makes me think of this from Reno 911

(Allegheny County)

The ONE time I was pulled over in college - the cop (who was HOT by the way) freely admitted (when asked) that the reason she pulled me over was that it was 3AM when we were driving around. Talk about illegal stops.

We were sent upon our way with no tickets and no warnings....however, had the cop been on top of her game, she would have determined that I was engaged in certain activities (that will go unmentioned) that she could have arrested me for and sent me the jail for a long, long time, thereby ruining my life.

I've always wondered though if the charges would have been successfully appealed purely on the basis that the stop was illegal - or if she would have come up with a totally false but valid excuse for pulling me over, rather than admitting the stop was illegal.

Either way - I'm glad I got away with it. That's all I'm going to say - other than leaving this very apropos clue. Had Miss Hottie Cop connected THESE dots - that would have been it for me.

Unknown.jpeg

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast