Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default What are the odds?

Did you know your odds of dying because of a simple fall are higher then that of being shot by an assult weapon? The odds against you evey being shot, this includes police officers and people who work with firearms every day is 1 in 314 where as your odds of dying because you fall on a flat surface like a sidewalk are 1 in 218. 1 in 5,134 are the chances you could die of an accidental firearm discharge, your chances of dying are actulally a bit lower 1 in 5,015 that you could die in a plane or space craft accident.
    These statistics take into account every one, from the average joe walking on the streets, to the firefighters, police, and pilots... 1 in 84 are the chances you will die in an automobile accident, of course, we all know how safe it is to drive these days! Believe it or not, your odds are better driving a motorcycle, then driving a car... Possibly because there are more cars then motorcycles... but there are more guns then cars in the US... Doesnt that say some thing? More guns, less probability to die by one... less cars, more probability to die by one... Yup cars are safe alright!

http://www.nsc.org/lrs/statinfo/odds_dying.jpg Of course your chances of dying are 1 to 1 if you take into account every situation
    The number one reason for dying is life... Dont want to die, dont come to life!

* 1995 Fatal Accident Totals
    Motor Vehicles 43,900 Falls 12,600 Poisonings 10,600 Drownings 4,500 Fires 4,100 Choking 2,800 Firearm 1,400 (1.5% of fatal accidents)
    http://www.justfacts.com/gun_control.htm
    Last edited by Frenchy; October 21st, 2006 at 01:36 PM.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: What are the odds?

Thanks a lot Frenchy,

I'm on ladders all day long and now I realize I have one chance in 218 of kicking the bucket everytime i climb one. I'll have to start looking down more .

27hand
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

Quote Originally Posted by 27hand View Post
    Thanks a lot Frenchy,

I'm on ladders all day long and now I realize I have one chance in 218 of kicking the bucket everytime i climb one. I'll have to start looking down more .

27hand
    its 1 in 5051 if you consider your in "space" when your on a ladder Ill be sure to look up when i go under the ladder
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Carbon County)

"Would it make you feel any better little girl if they was pushed outta winda's(windows)"--Archie Bunker
    if you ever see my post edited...its most likely for speling :D
    "Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges"-In Time of War the Law Falls Silent-Cicero
    "Si vis pacem, para bellum"-If you want peace, prepare for war-Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"America Starts Here!"-former PA state Slogan...until NJ complained and our wussy GovRendell changed it!