Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default The wait is over: Introducing...Mila, my new Russian Girl (pix heavy)

Several months ago, a member from the Guns & Ammo was kind enough to sell me his rare Russian Type III milled AK parts kit. It's essentially everything except a working receiver. The original receiver was cut into 3 pieces and the 2 end stubs were included. Here is what the kit looks like:

After extensive research for a US milled receiver, the only place that could promise me one was selling it for $800 and 6 to 8 months wait. Talking to someone local, I was directed to someone on the AKfiles.net forum by the name of turbothis (Matt Yeamans of mygunsnorth in Oregan) who does AK milled receiver rewelding and build. The cost was $350 for both reweld and build with an addtional $50 if the lighting cut was short. Shipping and everything ended up totaling $480 for a complete build. I provided the 922r compliance parts. After about 14 weeks, this complete build and test-fired rifle was at my door.

After further research, I sent the metal to Jayson at Investment Grade Firearms in Arkansas for refinishing. I opted for the Envirotech, which is a tad more expensive than other finishes, but supposedly better and similar to what is on HK rifles. I also asked Jayson to look at the tight magazine well that would only fit Hungarian 20-rd mags comfortably. He Dremeled it and now it fits all mags. The total cost was $225 + shipping and took about 6 weeks.

In the mean time, my friend's father who is a wonderful wood refinisher/restorer offered to do the furniture for me. This was his first time restoring AK woods.

Well...after a total of 4 months, I would like to introduce you to Mila, my new beautiful Russian girl. Here she is:

I took her out today and she was flawless for 80 rounds. Did have time to burn some more ammo, but she is true to her roots: smooth, reliable, and just damn beautiful. I am in love.

Al

Default Re: The wait is over: Introducing...Mila, my new Russian Girl (pix heavy)

Holy jones, man. She's a beauty. Almost too good lookin' to shoot, in fact. Almost.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: The wait is over: Introducing...Mila, my new Russian Girl (pix heavy)

that's pretty. turbo does good work and is a nice guy too!
    MORDENTE MEUM

(Allegheny County)

OMG!!!!! i'm sooo jealous. congrats
    I needs the following... .303 ammo, scrap steel, and and cheap SKS. please LMK

(Lycoming County)

Talking Re: The wait is over: Introducing...Mila, my new Russian Girl (pix heavy)

Very very pretty

(Bucks County)

You should have warned us that these pics were X rated!!!
    That's the sexiest thing I've seen all day..........

....next to my wife of course

The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living
    with power to endanger the public liberty. -John Adams

(Philadelphia County)

Thanks y'all!

Al

(Allegheny County)

Al ... WOW, very beautiful!! Looks like it was well worth the wait. The finish on the metal and the wood looks great. Your dad's friend did an excellent job on the wood, especially for his first set!

There is nothing more beautiful than a well restored Russian AK.

Oh ... nice touch with the flag and everything.

edit: I think that I'm going to save some of those pictures and use them as my desktop
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If the police could confiscate all of your guns and ammo using just one van, then you didn't own enough guns or ammo.
    WTB - NDS3 or NDS1 receiver FTF

(Lancaster County)

Man what a difference !! That baby looked like she fought and won the Cold War !! Treat her right !!

(Westmoreland County)

Beautiful job, congratulations!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast