Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Pike County)

Default cz-82 2 buy or not 2 buy

Well I've been looking and found cdnn has exc to like new cz-82 for 189.00 with 14.99 shipping and $25 trans seems like a good deal but with the mt pocono show this weekend i might wait. But it seems like a great deal. I called them and they seem to be in org condition and in great shape. Dont know if i can wait to go to show might have to jump on it.

(York County)

Default Re: cz-82 2 buy or not 2 buy

I got a beautiful CZ-82 from Bender (great guy) and took it out with my dad last weekend and man is that a great little gun. Definitly moved up on my cool list!

(Somerset County)

Good pistol, as long as you can find 9 X 18. Accurate and fun, if you have the resources get it.
    We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

George Orwell

CZ-82s have leveled off at about $200. Expect this to rise when the Czechs run out of them. Here's mine:

-- --

Ammo:
    Check http://gun-deals.com/ammo for current prices and sources. According to >this<: CTD, ATG, J&G & SG all advertise 9x18mm ammunition. None are reporting it out of stock.

Barrel:
    NOTE: CZ-82s have smooth polygonal "rifling", when you look down the barrel (empty chamber, 'natch...) it looks like a smoothbore at first. If you look -very- carefully, you might notice a slight swirl in the barrel internal contour. Here's my example. Note that the photos appear out of focus. They aren't...it's -that- smooth! I put my finger, and a piece of cat5 cable to add color to the internal reflections. All images enlarge with a click.

-- -- -- --

Check out http://www.cz82.com/wp/?page_id=36, or click on this drawing:

I recommend them. For what it's worth, I paid $109 for my first east German Makarov, I liked it enough that I bought a second one. I questioned my system of values, as I paid $129 for the second example. CZ-82s are in that same situation now.
    Last edited by PA Rifleman; November 12th, 2009 at 06:50 PM. Reason: left out URL
    Gloria: "65 percent of the people murdered in the last 10 years were killed by hand guns"
    Archie Bunker: "would it make you feel better, little girl, if they was pushed outta windows?"

http://www.moviewavs.com/TV_Shows/Al...he_Family.html

(Monroe County)

djs, CZ 82's are a lot of fun and definately one of the best guns CZ ever made , just pull the trigger to prove it, i have a whole collection of them, sweet guns. They do kick a lot though , and dont believe it that they are equavalent to the .380, theyre not , theyre hotter than the .380, the blazer al mak round is quite hot.

I see youre up in Pike, WEaver's off rt 209 up in brodheadsville usually have them for $199 comes with cleaning kit,2 mags and a holster.
    He gets them from CDNN.
    Have fun ,

Nymax

(Pike County)

Cool I'm gonna check them out before i order maybe Fri. Thanks

FYI, still in the process of validating...appears to be a range report from a CZ-82 owner.

Safety Warning - CZ-82/83
    Recently I saw a CZ-82 malfunction at the range, closer inspection revealed that it is almost scary how easily these can malfunction resulting in unexpected fully automatic fire after some wear has occurred. See accompanying picture for understanding.

What happens when you fire the trigger is the slide flies back and engages a pin, this pin pushes down on the sear (identified as the bar in the picture) and forces it rearward preventing it from releasing the hammer until the trigger is released. If for some reason this pin is not quite long enough, the hammer will follow the slide back, resulting in either a discharge or hammer follow without discharge.

Like I said, this was seen at the range and the gun went full auto on a female shooter. Obviously uncommanded fully automatic fire is an extremely dangerous situation. Should your CZ begin to malfunction in this way, I believe replacing the pin below the slide is the ticket to restore it to proper functioning.
    (Source)

Gloria: "65 percent of the people murdered in the last 10 years were killed by hand guns"
    Archie Bunker: "would it make you feel better, little girl, if they was pushed outta windows?"

http://www.moviewavs.com/TV_Shows/Al...he_Family.html

(Indiana County)

Buy it.

I recently picked one up and I can say that it is way up there on my list of good guns for the money. I was surprised how nice it groups. The biggest thing I have found that bothers me is the lack of decent holsters.

As for the full auto range report, they are surplus guns, crap happens. It is a nice thing to be aware of, but I wouldn't let it make me decide to not buy one.
    Anyone remember the reports of SKS's going FA? Yet there are still more being sold every day.

Surplus=used, if these were new in the box guns and this was happening, then I would consider it a problem, for a used gun to have a worn part, it happens every day, if not, we wouldn't need Numrich, Popperts or gunsmiths...

(Lancaster County)

Buy
    Great pistol for the price

(Allegheny County)

get a C&R and avoid the middle man. here's mine
    Last edited by mpoppel41; November 15th, 2009 at 11:39 PM. Reason: added picture

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast