Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Adams County)

Default New LTCF here: recommend me a holster please.

I just got my approval letter from Adam's county and will be stopping by the Sherrif's office tomorrow to get offical. My question is: What concealed holster would you recommend for the Bersa Firestorm mini .45 ACP? I have a paddle holster for it that I do like but I am looking for an inside the waistband one.

All opinons are appreciated!

Thanks
    ~K

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: New LTCF here: recommend me a holster please.

Well you have some trial and error to go through because this has to be comfortable and and functional. There are many things to consider. The material, where you will carry on your body, what kind of clothes you regularly wear, your body size and shape, ETC.

I chose to go with a simple IWB nylon holster. It is cheap, and comfortable. You also may want to consider getting a good belt to go with your holster.

I carry a Ruger P345 .45 ACP . It is bulky for conceal but the nylon holster does fine. I wear it in the buttcrack area LOL. I only cc when I visit grandma. I OC 24-7-365. For that I have a Fobus OWB passive retention.

The nylon holster was 15 bucks and the Fobus was 20 online.

I would take my time and try them on before I buy otherwise you could end up with a box of expensive holsters.

Good luck !! I hope I helped !!

BTW Congrats on approval !! Welcome to the Dark side !!

(Delaware County)

Do not pass go, do not collect $200, actually dont SPEND $200 on a bunch of holsters that dont work. Go get a Crossbreed Supertuck and live merrily ever after!
    Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Amen. **PROUD III**

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kb! Bob View Post
    Do not pass go, do not collect $200, actually dont SPEND $200 on a bunch of holsters that dont work. Go get a Crossbreed Supertuck and live merrily ever after!

/thread.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Berks County)

I agree with Armed in Lancity. Find yourself a good belt as that is half the battle. The other half is trying to figure out where to position the gun comfortably.

I use a Comp-Tac MTAC for a Glock 30 (45ACP) and wear it at the 2:30 position. It's an IWB kydex holster with leather to separate the holster from your body. You can adjust the holster and it can be worn in almost any position. I highly recommend!

www.comp-tac.com

(Adams County)

Thanks for the recommedations! Unfortunately none of these so far have actually made a holster for my Firestorm Mini .45 ACP. Does anyone know if a holster made for another gun would work?

(Berks County)

For me I use a comp-tac CTAC, similar to the MTAC but all kydex.

As to what holster for you, first figure out exactly where you'll be comfortable carrying and able to draw if you need it. That'll narrow your search quite a bit. After that you might get lucky and get the right holster on the first try or may end up with a drawer full of them.
    Please help my Baby Kitties and I avoid being homeless.

was York, now it's Pawley's Island, South Carolina

Send Jimmy at Kholster.com an email. He's got one for the Bersa Thunder in 380/9mm in production and I know he'd work with you to get you covered. Same design as the crossbreed, little less finished and considerably cheaper. If you decide to go with him, pm me as I think I've got a discount code around here somewhere for ya.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kerovick View Post
    Thanks for the recommedations! Unfortunately none of these so far have actually made a holster for my Firestorm Mini .45 ACP. Does anyone know if a holster made for another gun would work?

I had the same issue with my SW 4513tsw and ,believe it or not, Glock 30 holsters are a little rare as well. A quick google search tells me that your gun would be compatable with holsters for the Bersa .45 Ultra Copmpact.

Here is a good start for you:

http://www.google.com/products?hl=en...-8&sa=N&tab=wf
    Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Amen. **PROUD III**

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by KMcL View Post
    Send Jimmy at Kholster.com an email. He's got one for the Bersa Thunder in 380/9mm in production and I know he'd work with you to get you covered. Same design as the crossbreed, little less finished and considerably cheaper. If you decide to go with him, pm me as I think I've got a discount code around here somewhere for ya.
    I'll second this post.

I spent a lot of time mulling over whether I was going to order from Comptac or Crossbreed, and then I ran across a post either here or on the sig forums about Kholster.

I'm extremely satisfied with the product. I don't know that I could have been any happier spending more money somewhere else. I did have to cut down the leather myself, but that's not really that big a deal, IMO.

I'll also second the importance of a good belt. Your typical menswear offerings for belts just don't offer much in the way of support. Make sure the belt you wear is designed to bear some weight on it, or you're going to be at least a little uncomfortable regardless of the holster you end up with.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast