Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: .22 Pistol

(Bucks County)

Default .22 Pistol

Looking to get a .22 to mess around with, I really like the Walther but it's a little expensive just to mess around with. Is there any decent .22 pistol out there for $200 or lower?
    "

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: .22 Pistol

Look for a second hand Ruger Mk II, ideally with the bull barrel in 5.5 or 6 7/8 inches. Built like a tank, will swallow anything, and though the take down procedure is a little tricky the first time, it is child's play after that. My son at age 8 (23 years ago) could strip, clean and reassemble, so if somebody else tells you it is "difficult" their mental age is obviously below 8!! Dave_n

Check your local pawn shops. You can usually pick up a used Hi Standard 9 shot revolver for under $200 at one of these places. At least you can in South Carolina, where I live.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Fizzle1985 View Post
    Looking to get a .22 to mess around with, I really like the Walther but it's a little expensive just to mess around with. Is there any decent .22 pistol out there for $200 or lower?
    Take a look at the Beretta Neos. My Daughter just bought one and she loves it. I fired it several weeks ago and out of the box all rounds were in the center of the target. I'ts accurate and very easy to break down for cleaning and at $219.00 for me it was a bargin. I just put another one on layaway for my wife who also fired it and loved it.

Browning Buckmark, enough said.

dont be in a hurry and shop aruond some of the gun shop in ur local and surrounding towns ur sure to find the 22. youll be happy with for the price you want to pay. if not tryout a 25. there pretty cheap ammos about 12 to 15 bux a box but a lot of fun to plink around with.

(Monroe County)

I'll second the Ruger Mark II or III. Either would be great. The NEOS is just okay. It looks very Buck Rogers and the one I rented at the range had FTE's every 5th shot using Federal. Not saying thats all NEOS but it wasn't a good first impression for me. Lots of people have them and LOVE them.
    But as Indianjack just posted, the Browning Buckmark. When looking for a .22 I tried all the suggested pistols and I came home with the Browning. It's an awesome pistol that eats almost everything and it's FEELS like a gun in your hand. It's actually heavier than my empty XD9. One suggestion I have is, go as high as $300, you wont regret it.
    Check it out...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

(Montgomery County)

I just got a U22 neos and love it! I dunno where someone found one for $219, unless it was used. I got mine for $275. Shoots great. I didn't have any misfires or such. There was onetime it didn't load right, but the magazine wasn't put in all the way by my inexperienced friend. Put like 200 rounds through it

-Alex

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by MontCo Alex View Post
    I just got a U22 neos and love it! I dunno where someone found one for $219, unless it was used. I got mine for $275. Shoots great. I didn't have any misfires or such. There was onetime it didn't load right, but the magazine wasn't put in all the way by my inexperienced friend. Put like 200 rounds through it

-Alex
    At Shyads in Lebanon they have the Beretta Neos 4.5" and 6" barrel in stock for $219 new. They also have the Beretta Neos Inox for $275.

(Chester County)

Ruger.... MKII, MKIII, MKIII 22/45 That would be my first recommendation.
    Μολὼν λάβε

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast