Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Ohio sheriff recommending people arm themselves because the police can't be everywher

Just thought I would put this here for the next time your anti friends throw out the statement of "do you really think you need a gun "

There have been a string of execution style slayings in Ohio and the sheriff is recommending that people arm themselves.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/24/us/mar...tes/index.html

Pike County has 30,000 residents and deputies cannot be everywhere to protect residents, Reader said. To the public he said, "I can tell you if you are fearful, arm yourselves."

Default Re: Ohio sheriff recommending people arm themselves because the police can't be every

I found this part interesting:

The killer or killers were specifically going after the Rhoden family, Pike County Sheriff Charles Reader emphasized, though he didn't say why.
    "I cautioned them they are a target and I cautioned them, 'Be armed,' " he said.

The sheriff KNEW something was going on and warned them?! Odd...

(Berks County)

Default Re: Ohio sheriff recommending people arm themselves because the police can't be every

Quote Originally Posted by R.A.D. View Post
    I found this part interesting:

The killer or killers were specifically going after the Rhoden family, Pike County Sheriff Charles Reader emphasized, though he didn't say why.
    "I cautioned them they are a target and I cautioned them, 'Be armed,' " he said.

The sheriff KNEW something was going on and warned them?! Odd...
    He warned pot growers to arm? I just finished the artical. Ohio have leagal pot growers?

(York County)

Two thoughts:

1. The more people want these SOBs caught, the more likely it will happen because people are scared. Nothing more serious than home invasion/murder to raise concern. Telling people to be armed raises the bar to the level of calling hue and cry to the entire countryside.

2. The Sheriff likely knows from the killing profile this is a targeted killing over the illegal drug trade. However if enough people are scared, it is way more likely somebody does know something and will start talking.

The important thing is to get a break in the case. Whomever perpetrated these killings needs to have an express into the arms of law enforcement. This kind of action crosses every line of decency and must be dealt with quickly.

(Chester County)

Speaking of planned out shootings, did Pittsburgh police ever solve that party ambushed shooting that killed 4 or so people?
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by philadelphia patriot View Post
    Speaking of planned out shootings, did Pittsburgh police ever solve that party ambushed shooting that killed 4 or so people?
    There is a suspect in custody

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by DMG View Post
    There is a suspect in custody
    Thanks!
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

(Chester County)

The thinking now is that it was drug related as marijuana was found in some of the homes. I am speculating in large quantity.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post
    The thinking now is that it was drug related as marijuana was found in some of the homes. I am speculating in large quantity.
    Three of the locations where labeled and "grow sites".
    "No, it's just a machine. I'm the weapon." - Jack Harper in Oblivion

(Bucks County)

If it was drug related, there is a good chance people will talk. Cops might make arrests and leverage some information out of people right after they get arrested, when emotions are higher and they are more willing to bargain.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast