Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Teacher at Newtown arrested for carrying gun on school grounds

Interesting development. The teacher was arrested for bringing a gun on school grounds. I wonder if he was carrying because he did not want what happened to the elementary school to ever happen to his students.

Whatever the reason was, he was breaking the law. I don't like that I have to disarm for the part of my day that I travel to and from school but it's a condition of my employment and the law. I suspect this teacher has just lost his job and 2nd Amendment rights.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/06/us/new...est/index.html
    (CNN)A teacher in the Connecticut town that was site of one of the deadliest school shootings in U.S. history was arrested Wednesday after police say he brought a gun onto school grounds.

Jason M. Adams, a teacher at Newtown Middle School, was carrying a concealed firearm for which he had a permit, Newtown police said. He was stopped inside the school by security personnel Wednesday before 9 a.m., the Newtown Public School District and police said.
    Newtown police said Adams faces a charge ofpossession of a weapon on school grounds, a Class D felony, according to Connecticut law.
    Adams, who was released after processing, did not reply to CNN's requests for comment. Adams was placed on administrative leave, the school system said. He will appear in court on April 20.
    "This matter is very serious and troubling," Newtown schools said. "The Newtown Police Department is confident that security precautions put in place prior to the incident were instrumental in the quick and appropriate response to the event."
    The Hartford Courant reported that the security officer at the middle school is a retired police officer. Due to staff meetings, none of the Newtown schools were open to students when the arrest occurred, the paper reported.
    Sandy Hook Elementary School, a school within the Newtown system, was the site of the second deadliest mass shooting in U.S. history.
    A total of 26 people, including 20 schoolchildren, were killed at Sandy Hook on December 14, 2012. The shooter also killed his mother at their home.
    Families of the victims have spoken against gun violence and have pushed for stricter gun laws in Connecticut and across the U.S. A group of families additionally filed a suit against the maker of the gun used in the shooting, Remington.

Default Re: Teacher at Newtown arrested for carrying gun on school grounds

I would surmise that he was trying to do the right thing- and that he knew he was breaking the law. Unfortunately, whether he came to terms with it or not- he now has to deal with the consequences. Don't suspect anything. All of his gun ownership rights just flew out the window. If anything, this should go to show you how easy it is to bring a firearm into a school. I feel bad for the man, but until we as a country realize that our children are more valuable to us than material possessions like money inside trucks and sports stadiums- schools will continue to be slaughter zones. 1 cop is a good start, but it isn't enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Didnotcomply89 View Post
    I would surmise that he was trying to do the right thing- and that he knew he was breaking the law. Unfortunately, whether he came to terms with it or not- he now has to deal with the consequences. Don't suspect anything. All of his gun ownership rights just flew out the window. If anything, this should go to show you how easy it is to bring a firearm into a school. I feel bad for the man, but until we as a country realize that our children are more valuable to us than material possessions like money inside trucks and sports stadiums- schools will continue to be slaughter zones. 1 cop is a good start, but it isn't enough.
    It has never sat well that the best defense I have for my students is to have them hide and pray that a shooter does not check my room. But as you said, until America realizes that a bad man with a gun will kill those without one if they so choose, we will remain sitting ducks.

I will donate to his legal fund if he makes it public.
    People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

(Lancaster County)

Other lawful purpose defense?

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch10mm View Post
    Does Connecticut have that in their statutes?

Here is the wiki page for him. I think he is going to get railroaded by the political system in CT unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch10mm View Post
    I was thinking the same. I dont think its been deemed illegal yet.

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    Does Connecticut have that in their statutes?
    Just thought of that also

(Lackawanna County)

Dumbass. If, it is against the law, to bring a firearm on campus, and, he does, he, should be arrested. Poor Judgment.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire.
    America must suffer until it reaches the point that Liberty is more important than Comforts.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast