Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default 545 vs 300,000,000

Last edited by mikey; February 21st, 2010 at 09:41 PM.

Default Re: 545 vs 300,000,000

Last edited by mikey; February 21st, 2010 at 09:42 PM.

(Northampton County)

I'm pretty sure this has been posted about 300,000,000 times before.

Regardless, the writer of this e-mail forward fails to realize that government puts into practice what the people want. Unfortunately, the people are too stupid to comprehend the consequences of their actions.

When the people scream about how police need to do more to get rid of drugs... that costs money. When the people want free this and free that, it costs money. When the people want the government to help the poor citizens of the third world country most recently featured on the cover of National Geographic, that costs money. When the people want government to nanny them because they can't take care of themselves, that costs money. Not to mention all those violations of liberty and such.

Unfortunately, the masses want to have their cake and eat it too. They want government to do everything for them, but they don't want to give up anything in order to accomplish that. So they blame the policians... and then vote for whoever promises them the most "free" stuff when the next election rolls around. Look at how well Ron Paul fared.

The people would be up in arms if they woke up tomorrow morning with a constitutional government. No more welfare, no more commercial/industrial regulation (for the most part), no more foreign wars, no more police state, no more suppression of unpopular habits... their freaking heads would explode in the vacuum of government.
    Safety is a good tool for tyrants; no one can be against safety.

Μολὼν λαβέ

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by imperialism2024 View Post
    The people would be up in arms if they woke up tomorrow morning with a constitutional government. No more welfare, no more commercial/industrial regulation (for the most part), no more foreign wars, no more police state, no more suppression of unpopular habits... their freaking heads would explode in the vacuum of government.
    That is an interesting perspective, and honestly one I haven't given any thought. I wonder what the ratio of people who could do without entitlement programs and those who rely on them and would be upset by their absence is.

But there are things government is doing and has done in the past that I disaggreed with. However, my communication with those elected to speak for me has fallen on deaf ears. If an answer was provided in response to my concerns, it was canned. Most of the time they do as they please. This is the point I think the op is eluding to.
    Politicians who fear the people seek to disarm them.

People who fear their government's intentions refuse to be disarmed.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by mikey View Post
    89 views, not one reply..........I guess everyone is happy with the status quo. Who would have figured? Things are worse than I had thought.
    Or some just dislike reading the horrendous comic sans font in 14 point?

Last edited by mikey; February 21st, 2010 at 09:42 PM.

(Bucks County)

Those 545 people, and they alone, are responsible.

BS. These 545 are not there because they took power, they are there because they were freely elected. Elected for doing exactly what they said they would do. Elected exactly as prescribed by our beloved Constitution.

For F sake can we please stop this self centered poor us pity party already? It amazes me to no end how most love to blame a Them Boogie Man for all our ills while completely ignoring what use to be common place = personal responsibility. Are we all now just poor innocent victims?

Hopefully during the next election more of the Monday morning quarterbacks will get involved with the process and help elect those who better fit our views. Until then, lube up girls!

Dear America, you now have - you always had - and always will have the government you deserve. Best wishes!
    Last edited by phillyd2; February 20th, 2009 at 07:32 PM.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by mikey View Post
    It seems to work OK for soberbyker!!
    Yeah, but Bill also posts pictures of hotties

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by phillyd2 View Post
    Those 545 people, and they alone, are responsible.

BS. These 545 are not there because they took power, they are there because they were freely elected. Elected for doing exactly what they said they would do. Elected exactly as prescribed by our beloved Constitution.

For F sake can we please stop this self centered poor us pity party already? It amazes me to no end how most love to blame a Them Boogie Man for all our ills while completely ignoring what use to be common place = personal responsibility. Are we all now just poor innocent victims?

Hopefully during the next election more of the Monday morning quarterbacks will get involved with the process and help elect those who better fit our views. Until then, lube up girls!

Dear America, you now have - you always had - and always will have the government you deserve. Best wishes!
    While I do agree that the voters hold a piece of the responsibility for the way things are, we cannot take all the blame. How many politicians talked their way into getting votes by promising to make things better but did a 180 as soon as they took office? What the voters are guilty of is re-electing the same ignorant and evil people into office. How long has Ted Kennedy been in office? What has he done to make anybodies life, besides his own, better?

Politicians have silver tongues that happen to be forked as well. They are in essence, sociopaths. They can talk their way into getting what they want and never take the blame when they fu** things all to hell. It's never their fault.

As voters ourselves we need to be doing more to educate people on the cockroaches they keep voting into office. We need to show them that people like Fat Eddie are not making anything better, but making it worse so they can keep claiming they will fix things this time around. We need to show others that the vast majority of this countries problems were caused by those same politicians and what we need to do is stop electing politicians and start electing Americans.

(Allegheny County)

Until voters stop seeing in "republican" and "democrat" there will be no change. When republicans held the majority, nothing changed. Now that democrats hold the majority, nothing will change. Voters need to educate themselves and THINK for themselves before change will occur. In other words, change will NEVER occur.

Zombie Response Team SECTOR 4 Ground assault unit
    "Nothing defuses people like crazy." ~ Lycanthrope

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast