Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Default mailing questions

Hey everyone, just registered here!

Also just bought my first pistol. A Taurus 24/7 PRO. I live in Millersville as I go to college here. However, I am moving out soon as my lease is up. I used this address when I bought my firearm, but now I'm curious.

Does anything get sent in the mail to my house after purchasing a pistol? If so, how long does it take to arrive? Finally, is it anything that is of significant importance or something that I would be worried about not having/someone I don't know having?

Thanks!

-David

(Cambria County)

Default Re: mailing questions

Nothing to worry about. Welcome to the PAFOA!
    Every man is my superior in that I may learn from him.

(Lebanon County)

The only thing related to your handgun that will be mailed to you is the renewal form for your LTCF, but nothing directly related to that pistol or the purchase of it unless maybe in the event of a recall or something similar and that would only be if you fill out and submit a warranty card.

Next answer;
    No you don't have to get the address on your LTCF changed when you move. If you want to you can notify the Sheriff of your new address in an attempt to have the renewal sent to you, but it's not a requirement.

If you already knew that I'll apologize for being presumptuous, but that's one of the FAQs around here.

(Of course I'm assuming that you do have your LTCF).

I don't have a short temper, I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by mauser View Post
    No you don't have to get the address on your LTCF changed when you move. If you want to you can notify the Sheriff of your new address in an attempt to have the renewal sent to you, but it's not a requirement.
    I can think of 2 excellent reasons why it's in your own best interest to inform the sheriff of your move, and I can't think of a good reason not to inform him.

It's useful to be reminded of the imminent expiration.

Much more importantly, that license in your wallet is only as good as the sheriff says it is. A revoked license is no license at all. So if the sheriff gets a call from some department, asking him to revoke your LTCF because you carried openly at the ballet, or because your neighbor saw you loading up your trunk with guns, or for some more legitimate revocation reason, you NEED TO KNOW that it was revoked. Then you can challenge the revocation, and you won't be pulled over while carrying and be charged with a felony.

So, give me a detailed scenario where the sheriff having your current address would be bad for you, that balances the nightmare of you being charged with a felony?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    I can think of 2 excellent reasons why it's in your own best interest to inform the sheriff of your move, and I can't think of a good reason not to inform him.

It's useful to be reminded of the imminent expiration.

Much more importantly, that license in your wallet is only as good as the sheriff says it is. A revoked license is no license at all. So if the sheriff gets a call from some department, asking him to revoke your LTCF because you carried openly at the ballet, or because your neighbor saw you loading up your trunk with guns, or for some more legitimate revocation reason, you NEED TO KNOW that it was revoked. Then you can challenge the revocation, and you won't be pulled over while carrying and be charged with a felony.

So, give me a detailed scenario where the sheriff having your current address would be bad for you, that balances the nightmare of you being charged with a felony?
    Well stated, and duly noted.
    My bad advice deleted.
    Thanks Gunlawyer001
    Thats why we need legal eagles

Best,
    George
    Last edited by gcfennell; February 19th, 2009 at 06:17 AM.
    <a href=http://www.steelshieldtech.com/store target=_blank>http://www.steelshieldtech.com/store</a>

(Lancaster County)

Thanks guys for all the info!