Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default could "printing" be considered a crime in any way?

Since PA is an open carry state kinda (too much gray area), i dont see any reason why it would be considered a crime or violation of a ltcf permit. But a buddy of mine thinks for some reason leo's can file it under a cover all the bases law like insighting a riot or something of that nature...he is just plain wrong correct? If you have a ltcf, it wouldent matter legally right? I know its not good for a tactical advantage to print but if it happens its no biggie right?

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: could "printing" be considered a crime in any way?

Quote Originally Posted by jkroner659 View Post
    Since PA is an open carry state kinda (too much gray area), i dont see any reason why it would be considered a crime or violation of a ltcf permit. But a buddy of mine thinks for some reason leo's can file it under a cover all the bases law like insighting a riot or something of that nature...he is just plain wrong correct? If you have a ltcf, it wouldent matter legally right? I know its not good for a tactical advantage to print but if it happens its no biggie right?
    your buddy is wrong. printing is in no way illegal in PA. if an LEO did try to arrest you for it on some kind of "cover all bases" law, you would be able to afford many new guns by the time the whole deal was over.

also, open carrying is not a gray area at all. open carry is just plain legal in PA...(though you need an LTCF to open carry in philly...but you don't even need an LTCF throughout the rest of the state.

in the first post in this thread:

http://www.pafoa.org/forum/general-2...sheet-leo.html

exceltoexcel outlines very nicely the case law supporting the right to open carry (which is legal because there is no law against it).

(Indiana County)

If carrying concealed with an LTCF is legal, and carrying open with or without an LTCF is legal (except in Philadelphia where an LTCF is required), then into what category does "printing" fall?

As previously mentioned, it would sure make for a nice lawsuit against the offending officer, his/her police department, and the municipality governing such.

I'm certain the municipality's insurance carrier would be more than happy to settle the case in a hurry. Seriously doubt, though, you'd be able to get very much from the offending officer (who was, after all, acting outside of the law and could be held personally liable, too).

(Allegheny County)

sorry i'm an imbocile on some terms, what exactly is printing?

(Montgomery County)

When your shirt "prints" the gun. You can see a bulge under a shirt for example.

(Allegheny County)

oh, thats what i thought, why in gods name would that be illegal, you still have the gun concealed unless you have a mesh shirt, and even then, open carry is completely legal here.

(Delaware County)

It's still concealed if it "prints", not invisible.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    If carrying concealed with an LTCF is legal, and carrying open with or without an LTCF is legal (except in Philadelphia where an LTCF is required), then into what category does "printing" fall?

As previously mentioned, it would sure make for a nice lawsuit against the offending officer, his/her police department, and the municipality governing such.

I'm certain the municipality's insurance carrier would be more than happy to settle the case in a hurry. Seriously doubt, though, you'd be able to get very much from the offending officer (who was, after all, acting outside of the law and could be held personally liable, too).
    Not all cops know all the firearms laws. That's the reason a cop ( not all ) should be the LAST person to ask about carry laws and such.
    " The Seeds of Oppression Will One Day Bear The Fruit of Rebellion."

Many leo's are pitifully aware of gun laws. I think the ones that are ok with carry are up to date and the one's that are not live in denial.

I once carried a small cannon on my shoulder. Except when I had the largest winter coat on it printed big time. Print away, wear what you want, whatever is comfortable.

I try to be cool about it these days, but it's OWB all the way for me.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Luzerne County)

There is no law against "prinitng" in PA.

There is no charge that can be used against you because you printed, or your firearm became visible (as long as you had a LTC when it was concealed).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast