Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Rep. Dermody's Position

Got my response from Rep. Dermody. He seems to have mixed up the AWB and the straight registration bill which I e-mailed him about, but his general attitude is good.

Thank you for your email regarding your concerns about Senate Bill 48, which provides for prohibition and registration of certain assault weapons, and imposes penalties. I appreciate your taking time out to share your thoughts with me.

Senate Bill 48 has been referred to the Senate Judiciary Committee where it is awaiting action. Please know that I am against the ban and registration of assault weapons.. In fact, I have long been a supporter of the National Rifle Association (NRA).

Thank you again for your email. I will keep you informed of any developments on this issue. In the meantime, if I can be of service to you in this or any other state-related matter, don't hesitate to call or email me.

Very truly yours,

Frank Dermody

State Representative

Majority Caucus Secretary

724-274-4770

(Berks County)

Default Re: Rep. Dermody's Position

I think that after receiving something like that I would have to take the time to call the office and tell them that I am interested in his position on HB760. I'd be polite and say that I appreciated the update on his feeling about SB48 but then reiterate that HB760 is more my area of interest at this time.

Kind of sounds like he was blowing smoke to me with this change of subject, especially since he is the Majority Caucus Secretary, he should know every major bill that has been proposed.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Allegheny County)

Possibly, or the assistant just sent out the standard "gun response e-mail". I agree though, I will call for clarification and post.

(Allegheny County)

I just spoke with his office and was told he opposes ALL bans and registration, period.

For the record, here is Sen. Orie's response to my letter to her, it's nice and to the point:

"I strongly oppose as well!!! I SUPPORT 2ND AMENDMENT 100%!!!!"

(Berks County)

Now THOSE are the types of replies that I like to hear!
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA