Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Facebook annoying?

I signed up for Facebook about a week ago. Though it would be fun to see what everyone was talkng about. After one week i thought it was so annoying I deleted my account lastnight. Is it me or do others actually care what others are doing that much every minute of the day??????? I couldnt take the "___________ is at home bored" or " ____________ is doing dishes" WHO CARES , lol.
    No longer posting

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: Facebook annoying?

I cant stand all the junk applications they have. Everytime I turn around one of my friends included me in some junk spamming of one of those things.

I keep an account there due because its the only communications I have with a couple friends.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515, SteveWag

Don't end up in my signature!

(Philadelphia County)

I don't know why I keep it. Aside from the occasional comment and/or poke, I really don't do anything with it. Another stupid thing to keep the idiot/ADD generation occupied with mindless, pointless, retardation. And people wonder why the country/world is going to shit.

Sorry for the "deep" discussion on such a "shallow" topic.

(Mercer County)

You can adjust the settings to avoid getting all of the update e-mail.

Like others have said, I get really annoyed with all of the application spam and generally avoid all applications (except the PAFOA one that I wrote, of course). Sometimes I'll message friends that I haven't talked to in a while, but other than that I don't use it much...

...EXCEPT...

...for posting tons of new stories. This is my favorite and most often used part of Facebook. I cruise a lot of social news aggregators and blogs and find lots of great articles about issues such as firearms, politics, constitutional rights, economics, etc. and post them through Facebook. I post the articles with the knowledge that they'll show up in my friends' "news feeds" and that just maybe they'll click on it to read the article. This kind of makes me feel that I'm doing a little something to spread some common-sense knowledge that's almost always contrary to the F.U.D. you get every night on the evening news.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by lexington86 View Post
    Like others have said, I get really annoyed with all of the application spam and generally avoid all applications (except the PAFOA one that I wrote, of course). Sometimes I'll message friends that I haven't talked to in a while, but other than that I don't use it much...

...EXCEPT...

...for posting tons of new stories. This is my favorite and most often used part of Facebook. I cruise a lot of social news aggregators and blogs and find lots of great articles about issues such as firearms, politics, constitutional rights, economics, etc. and post them through Facebook. I post the articles with the knowledge that they'll show up in my friends' "news feeds" and that just maybe they'll click on it to read the article. This kind of makes me feel that I'm doing a little something to spread some common-sense knowledge that's almost always contrary to the F.U.D. you get every night on the evening news.

Scooby Do -----> Whaaaaaat?
    Theres a PFOA thingy ?????? I did not know this. Well , what annoyed me was the stupid "wall" thing. I couldnt figure out how to turn it off. I dont care for all the dumb comments. Everything else was ok. I did find some old friends on it , but Im not a "social" person except on here,lol.
    No longer posting

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by riverpirate View Post
    Scooby Do -----> Whaaaaaat?
    Theres a PFOA thingy ?????? I did not know this. Well , what annoyed me was the stupid "wall" thing. I couldnt figure out how to turn it off. I dont care for all the dumb comments. Everything else was ok. I did find some old friends on it , but Im not a "social" person except on here,lol.
    I and a few others used it (and Myspace) to get a hold of old friends from school.

Found all but 6 out of over 500 clasmates. So our class reunion is gonna be awesome
    Gals with guns that wear g-strings..... a dangerous combination....Or is it?

(Lehigh County)

It's helped me with my lab reports for chem, can talk to other kids in my class.

(Blair County)

I find the applications annoying, I had mine locked for awhile just because I was worried about all those wonderful stalker type people.

Course ya don't get many stalkers once they get to the "target shooting" hobby..
    The resident Saiga snob
    "You will never leave Harlan alive..."

(Philadelphia County)

One of the first things you need to do is to edit the privacy and email settings so that it isn't bugging you every five minutes. And don't add any stupid applications, just ignore people who "throw a snowball" at you or some crap.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast