Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Franklin County)

Question Homeless and LTCF

If you're licensed to carry a firearm and become homeless, lets say you have to live in your truck, is your LTCF still valid?

(Franklin County)

Default Re: Homeless and LTCF

IMO, yes. Just as there is no legal requirement to be employed to be eligible for a LTCF (even though the application asks for that information), there is no legal requirement to have a fixed address. If you have one, it must (again, IMO) be provided, but if you don't, there's simply no info to provide for those fields.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    IMO, yes. Just as there is no legal requirement to be employed to be eligible for a LTCF (even though the application asks for that information), there is no legal requirement to have a fixed address. If you have one, it must (again, IMO) be provided, but if you don't, there's simply no info to provide for those fields.
    I recall reading about the trouble with homelessness and registration of some sort (so it was either about voting registration, driver licensing, or sex offender registration) for which more than just a mailing address was required. The conclusion on the requirement they ultimately came to was an approximation of the place, i.e. "Under the bridge at intersection of Main St and Washington Ave" to which the person always returned, although I don't know how such a thing could be synthesized for those transients who really have no such permanent place a jump between several temporary ones, rotating on a daily basis.

(Franklin County)

Yipee. This is good news. Not that I believe things would ever get that bad, but I had to ask for all of us.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by Peddler View Post
    Yipee. This is good news. Not that I believe things would ever get that bad, but I had to ask for all of us.
    Things ARE that bad. What's the address on your driver's license and truck registration say?

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by RandomTask View Post
    Things ARE that bad. What's the address on your driver's license and truck registration say?
    I just listened to both of them. I didn't hear a peep. They do read however, that I'm currently living in something much larger then a 4' X 6' truck bed.

Many year ago I did live in my old truck for over 3 months, but it was a 4' X 8' bed. It wasn't all that bad. It's a very humbling experience.