Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Chester County)

Angry I Hate Comcast!!!

so... i need to switch out an older box for an hd box and i was busy all last week so i told them they could send a guy out to switch the boxes while my wife was home, they give me a window last tuesday from 3-5pm... at 4:59pm the guy calls and says hes sorry hes running 45mins late and wants to know if i still want him to come i say i understand things happen blah blah.. tell him yes 45 mins is ok, no show by 6pm so i place a call to his cell phone (he didnt block the # when he called me) he says hes going to be another hour..im getting very pissed at this moment but i just want the damn box so i say ok, 7pm rolls around no show again, he calls says sorry hell be 45mins. no show by 8pm, calls me at 9:15pm and asks if i still want him to come. i tell him to f off. call comcast and they tell me they can mail a box to me to which i agree to. it arrives today, a full week later and i go to "install" it and a button on the front is smashed in and it just jumps back and forth between 2 diagnostic menus and i cant do anything with the box, i call they ask when i would like someone to come out and take a look at it LOL im not that dumb, so i guess ill be taking the box back to a comcast building tomorrow to hopefully get one that works, when i move next i am NOT continuing to use comcast. if i do not get a working box tomorrow i am canceling my services completely. This is horrid service and i have zero clue how a company like this is able to stay in business. this isnt the first time someone was supposed to come out and never showed either. happened a year or 2 ago.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: I Hate Comcast!!!

FIOS FTW!

(Berks County)

I normally dont have to many problems here, I did have a streak there for a while I was taking out the old style box's I took out 3 box's in 3 months, they came out every time to replace them with in a day or 2, now I have 2 of the newer HD silver box's and didnt have one of them go out yet in 2 years time. the only problem I have with comcast is sometimes my outlook express woulnt get my emails I have to go into there web site to get my mail.

(Allegheny County)

I didn't read the OP simply because I refuse to read any post that doesn't use paragraphs/spaces(It's insanely difficult to read like that), but I will say that I've been 110% satisfied... no, PLEASED with Comcast.

Verizon, on the other hand, can go to hell and suck Satan's fiery balls.

I went w/o internet service for an entire month due to Verizon's incompetence when I tried their DSL service. I finally told them to "stick it up their ass, and refund my money".

The very next day, Comcast had me up and running.

Oh, and instead of waiting on hold for 45 minutes, just to speak to "Shambhu"
    in broken English(Verizon), when I have called Comcast, my call gets answered within 2 minutes, and I'm speaking to someone in Cranberry, PA.

Anyway, whatever your problem with Comcast is, I wish you the best, because it SUCKS when you have to deal with any of these kinds of problems.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

They all should wear ski masks, with the prices they charge.

(Clarion County)

Just watch when you cancel,sometimes they hold you to your origional contract and you will have to pay for it even if you don't use it !!

(Lancaster County)

Yeah, where are you gonna go?... Direct Tv Has The Worst F-ing Customer Service on Earth. I can't speak for Dish network, but, any problem I had with Comcast pales to Direct Tv. They did my install when I wasn't at home, only my wife was, and they put the dish on my roof. Holes thru the shingles... and that was only the beginning. I wish I had stayed with Comcast, but, I'm kind of stuck with the dish and just am hanging on... kind of like battered wife syndrome!

(Chester County)

The Comcast building is right behind Lowes in Downingtown and they have evening and Saturday hours. Why even make an appointment for some lacky to come out and install a new set-top when you can walk in to the office and walk back out with a new box in 5 minutes. If all you're doing is changing service, just call or go online to make the change, and then go to the office to pick up the box. You take it home, plug it in, call 1-800-comcast (24/7) to activate the box, and you're off and running in a minute or two. Actually, you don't even have to make the call, but it might take a lot longer before the system recognizes the box has been added to the system, so by calling a tech can send a signal to fire it up pronto. It will take up to a half hour for the guide data to fill in, but you can still watch TV. If you absolutely need to know what's on before the guide data is there, you can go online to see, or go the old fashioned route and pick up the paper and find the TV section.

ETA: Also, take it easy on the techs if they run behind. They have the same problem as doctors who people love to bash for running behind. Someone calls and says they have one problem, and when the tech shows up they tell them all the other problems they forgot to mention on the phone, such as their DIYS hubby connected a 5 way splitter and now whenever the phone rings, the ceiling fan goes on and the microwave won't work. About the only thing the field techs are trained to do is measure signal levels and replace equipment, but customers expect them to do everything from showing them how to use the remote, to explain why "I Love Lucy" went from Nick at Nite to TVLand.
    Last edited by str8shooter; November 25th, 2008 at 01:27 AM.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by lethal93ta View Post
    I normally dont have to many problems here, I did have a streak there for a while I was taking out the old style box's I took out 3 box's in 3 months, they came out every time to replace them with in a day or 2, now I have 2 of the newer HD silver box's and didnt have one of them go out yet in 2 years time. the only problem I have with comcast is sometimes my outlook express woulnt get my emails I have to go into there web site to get my mail.
    They tried some new email client called SmartZone, and found out it wasn't so smart. Part of the problem was that they changed the settings used by the "advanced" tab for outlook express, so it no longer needs the secure connections box checked, and the SMTP and POP3 ports have changed. No notices or warnings to customers, and apparently none of the service techs were clued in either. They just made the changes and then one day (June 7 to be exact) I quit getting Comcast email through OE. I called and got a typical first line of defense idiot, so I logged into my my Comcast account and set it to forward all email to a gmail account that I could get through OE while I did my own research. After a little google-fu, I found out what the OE settings changed to, and when I made them, my comcast email started coming through OE again.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I didn't read the OP simply because I refuse to read any post that doesn't use paragraphs/spaces(It's insanely difficult to read like that), but I will say that I've been 110% satisfied... no, PLEASED with Comcast.

Verizon, on the other hand, can go to hell and suck Satan's fiery balls.

I went w/o internet service for an entire month due to Verizon's incompetence when I tried their DSL service. I finally told them to "stick it up their ass, and refund my money".

The very next day, Comcast had me up and running.

Oh, and instead of waiting on hold for 45 minutes, just to speak to "Shambhu"
    in broken English(Verizon), when I have called Comcast, my call gets answered within 2 minutes, and I'm speaking to someone in Cranberry, PA.

Anyway, whatever your problem with Comcast is, I wish you the best, because it SUCKS when you have to deal with any of these kinds of problems.
    Comcast execs are very much aware of the horrid reputation their phone support has, and now that Verizon offers cable, Comcast is taking customer service a lot more seriously. The phone reps are rated on how fast they can get a problem resolved, so no more endless wait times. However, if someone tells you to unplug the box, wait 15 minutes and call back if the problem is still there, tell them you already did. That's the trick the lazy ones use to get people off the phone quickly to make it look like they solved a problem in less than a minute. Chances are, if you call back in 15 minutes, someone else will get your call and they'll have to actually spend some time to help diagnose your problem.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast