Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: Tobyhanna Range Closed For Repairs Until 10/1

Quote Originally Posted by ByAnyMeans View Post
    That's a great idea but somehow they find out. Me my wife and buddy were up their shootign on Sat. and sure enough a car full of guys from Jersey pulled up. Not but ten minutes into them shooting they had swept the line of people while holding the finger on the trigger. Also stepped back of the line with a handgun pointed across the line to "see why it was not working". We packed up and left.
    Shoulda called 911 and said the people with new jersey plates were putting everyone in danger by carrying loaded guns off the firing line and pointing them at people (since it's the truth). That would get the cops there fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Monroe County)

I was up there last Saturday myself with 3 students from my NRA Pistol class. I witnessed the following:

1. FLAGRANT violations of the capacity laws. Pistols with up to 15 rounds in them, rifles with 10 (mostly Ruger 10/22s).
    2. FLAGRANT violations of rapid firing, with way more than the legal amount of cartridges no less.
    3. Muzzle Sweeping like crazy.
    4. Gangsta-style pistol grips.
    5. Rifles on the pistol line.

One stupid a-hole almost opened fire with someone downrange changing targets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everyone had to start screaming at him to cease fire!!!

Lots of other stuff too. There were LOADS of people there who had no idea whatsoever what the concept of firearms safety even is. My students feared for their lives and rightly so. I stepped up and intervened with some of these idiots on several occasions that day. Thankfully they all obliged and none of them got smart-mouthed with me.

Sad part of it was, the Game Wardens pulled up numerous times, witnessed blatant violations, then pulled out and drove away. REALLY pissed me off. Especially the too many cartridges violations. I actually thought I was going to see some tickets issued but no such luck. What the heck gives with those guys? They love to hassle people over the slightest violations on some days, then they let this stuff go. Incredible!

I take students there to help keep down the cost of the course. But how much is a life worth??? Maybe it's off to a private range from now on.

I will say this much, on weekdays it's almost a different place than on the weekends.
    Last edited by PoconoJo; November 27th, 2010 at 08:22 AM.
    NRA Instructor/RSO
    C.A.R. Instructor
    Certified Glock Armorer

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by PoconoJo View Post
    Sad part of it was, the Game Wardens pulled up numerous times, witnessed blatant violations, then pulled out and drove away. REALLY pissed me off. Especially the too many cartridges violations. I actually thought I was going to see some tickets issued but no such luck. What the heck gives with those guys? They love to hassle people over the slightest violations on some days, then they let this stuff go. Incredible!
    Did you get the plate numbers or IDs of the Game Wardens that came and left? That's even worse than the violaters. I think that it's time to rattle the PGC tree and see what falls out.

(Wayne County)

I take students there to help keep down the cost of the course. But how much is a life worth??? Maybe it's off to a private range from now on.
    I would advise caution about raising too much of a fuss if you're taking students to the range if you are being paid for your service.

From the General Regulations page of the Annual Digest

"...the following activities are prohibited...* Sell, distribute, deliver, service, guide or rent any equipment, material or commodity or otherwise transact or engage in any commercial activity. Such activity is when a person directly or indirectly accepts consideration of value as compensation for the provision of goods or services, including transportation."

You may be better suited taking your students to a private range.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Wayne County)

[QUOTE=PoconoJo;1410657]I was up there last Saturday myself with 3 students from my NRA Pistol class. I witnessed the following:

1. FLAGRANT violations of the capacity laws. Pistols with up to 15 rounds in them, rifles with 10 (mostly Ruger 10/22s).
    2. FLAGRANT violations of rapid firing, with way more than the legal amount of cartridges no less.
    3. Muzzle flashing like crazy.

Not sure what you mean on this one...granted, I'm new to the site, but not new to firearms.
    Matt

(Monroe County)

[QUOTE=Roadking;1411434]
    I was up there last Saturday myself with 3 students from my NRA Pistol class. I witnessed the following:

3. Muzzle flashing like crazy.

Not sure what you mean on this one...granted, I'm new to the site, but not new to firearms.
    Matt
    My apologies, I honestly meant to say Muzzle Sweeping...post edited for correction
    NRA Instructor/RSO
    C.A.R. Instructor
    Certified Glock Armorer

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer View Post
    Did you get the plate numbers or IDs of the Game Wardens that came and left? That's even worse than the violaters. I think that it's time to rattle the PGC tree and see what falls out.
    I don't know if you ever saw the video on youtube about people who try to submit a report against a police officer...look it up if not. Chances are you'd end up in more trouble going after an officer than anonymously reporting dangerous violations.
    NRA Instructor/RSO
    C.A.R. Instructor
    Certified Glock Armorer

(Monroe County)

PoconoJoe,no offense intended but did you really took students there to train on a WEEKEND? Do that on a weekday morning preferably.

I understand that on weekends all the "sunday drivers" come out.

(Monroe County)

Trust me, I hear what you're saying but they were adults, I warned them in advance and gave them the paid alternative which was basically Sunset Hill. They all decided to go the free route. Once we got there I could see by their faces that they then thought better of it. Still, they stuck it out and we all made it out alive. In a way it was good because I was able to point out numerous things that they should NEVER do.

Like I said earlier, I may force people to go to a private range in the future or try to go to the public range on a weekday (no guarantee that no idiots are there). I this instance they were only available on a weekend day.
    NRA Instructor/RSO
    C.A.R. Instructor
    Certified Glock Armorer

(Monroe County)

Glad it worked out well for the Students as well as you.

I were there today Monday Nov. 29th and i pretty much had the place to myself.

Nymax

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast