Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Blair County)

Talking I have seen the future and it is 3D printing! THIS WILL BLOW YOU'RE MIND...

Welcome to the future Marty McFly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dcons...ayer_embedded#!

(Chester County)

Default Re: I have seen the future and it is 3D printing! THIS WILL BLOW YOU'RE MIND...

Welcome to six months ago.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: I have seen the future and it is 3D printing! THIS WILL BLOW YOU'RE MIND...

Yeah, old news but how is this different from making plastic anything? What is this "printing" business? The title is also misleading. Did I miss the part when they printed the barrel too.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverPA View Post
    Yeah, old news but how is this different from making plastic anything? What is this "printing" business? The title is also misleading. Did I miss the part when they printed the barrel too.
    Well this printing is different than most plastic making, like injection molding, in that parts are created by a machine that actually lays layer by layer of a resin or plastic, in essence printing the object like you would a sheet of paper, only a hundred or so times.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by XavierBK View Post
    Well this printing is different than most plastic making, like injection molding, in that parts are created by a machine that actually lays layer by layer of a resin or plastic, in essence printing the object like you would a sheet of paper, only a hundred or so times.
    Thanks I didn't know that but who cares how it is done. Layers or molds. Is it the privacy of it? Can't I mold something in my basement now?

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverPA View Post
    Thanks I didn't know that but who cares how it is done. Layers or molds. Is it the privacy of it? Can't I mold something in my basement now?
    It's the fact that these machines are small enough and inexpensive enough to be owned by everyday people, and they are only getting cheaper.

It's not quite that easy to manufacture things out of plastic by other means.

I can buy a CNC mill for a lot less, and make a complete, and safe firearm, both legally and faster than using a 3D printer (I have both)

If God didn't intend us to have guns why would he have given us a trigger finger?

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by MrBi11 View Post
    I can buy a CNC mill for a lot less, and make a complete, and safe firearm, both legally and faster than using a 3D printer (I have both)
    Where can you get a CNC mill for a lot less than $500?

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by XavierBK View Post
    Where can you get a CNC mill for a lot less than $500?
    Before asking that question tell me how making that little piece constitutes a whole gun? Where does the barrel come from, the stock, the bolt, the hammer, and hundreds of other pieces?

(Lancaster County)

Damnit, I'm getting tired of having my mind blown every time someone new sees this.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast