Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Roll your own smokes?

For the past six months or so I have been buying tobacco by the pound and tubes for the cigarette machine. Costs about $8.00/carton. MAJOR savings over buying pre-rolled smokes.

I went to the tobacco shop today for a couple more pounds and tubes and see a sign saying that "roll your own" tobacco prices will be going up may 1st thanks to Obama's new tax plan.

The price now is $12.00/pound
    After May 1st $37.00/pound.

WTF!!!

Looks like it's time to quit.

"you have no power; here is the power; feel the power, brat, and then speak again of how you come to kill the Eternal."
    Pennywise The Clown

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Roll your own smokes?

I've been making my own for about 6 years now and even though it will still be cheaper and the tobacco is better than store bought, no chemicals and such, just pure tobacco, I guess I'm going to quit myself.
    I wonder how many people are going to feel the same way and quit, then it's going to bite these idiots on the ass when they don't have enough money to fund program they are trying to fund with it and the jobs that are going to be lost.
    I'm really getting tired of being singled out anytime they need to raise money for something, just because it's politically correct to single out smokers. Now some people will say that because of the raise I'm going to quit, that it makes it a good thing. Just remember, that when they no longer have smokers to pick on, your cheeseburger and such will go up when they decide to make a "Fat" tax. Or that because our evil guns can kill people they add more taxes to by adding a "Deadly Weapon" tax. The list can go on and on.
    Sorry for venting and I'll get down from the soap box now, but it just pisses me off. Link below is a good one about it.
    http://www.ryomagazine.com/index.htm

If there is a major jump in prices, I will be done with the smokes. Now-a-days I barely smoke anyway, heaviest when I am drinking beer. Something about beer and cigarettes just goes together like peas and carrots.

~ Derek
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=9206&dateline=1225911  268

(Montgomery County)

sweeeeeeeet....
    Boy do I like this guy.

Golden Virginia tobacco for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek View Post
    If there is a major jump in prices, I will be done with the smokes. Now-a-days I barely smoke anyway, heaviest when I am drinking beer. Something about beer and cigarettes just goes together like peas and carrots.

~ Derek
    Ain't that the truth. When I used to drink it would be no problem going through three packs in 1 trip to the bar.

"you have no power; here is the power; feel the power, brat, and then speak again of how you come to kill the Eternal."
    Pennywise The Clown

http://kdka.com/politics/tobacco.pro....2.922921.html

Pa. Tobacco Users May See Tax Increases
    Reporting
    Jon Delano
    PITTSBURGH (KDKA) ―

With a $2.3 billion deficit facing Pennsylvania, the state is looking in a lot of places to close the gap.

Next Wednesday, Governor Ed Rendell will address the state legislature with his budget plans.

But already word is out that the 23 percent of adult Pennsylvanians who use tobacco products are likely to feel the pain first.

"I think it's a pathetic way in order to get more money," says Bryant Dean, of the South Side.

Maybe, but it's likely that Pennsylvania's 2.2 million tobacco users are going to be hit with higher taxes if Rendell's tax increases are approved.
    Obama will be doing tax increases you can count on that, but I don't see his name on this one. Didn't hear about it here in MI so I did some research.
    Last edited by MrBi11; February 15th, 2009 at 08:05 PM.

If God didn't intend us to have guns why would he have given us a trigger finger?

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by MrBi11 View Post
    http://kdka.com/politics/tobacco.pro....2.922921.html

Obama will be doing tax increases you can count on that, but I don't see his name on this one. Didn't hear about it here in MI so I did some research.

Nah, from what i've read, PA tax increase is .10 a pack. But the fed is increasing the tax .62 per pack so we can pay for welfare babies---seriously. From what i have read, O plans to expand the care given to kids and this is his solution to pay for it.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Guns4Fun View Post
    Nah, from what i've read, PA tax increase is .10 a pack. But the fed is increasing the tax .62 per pack so we can pay for welfare babies---seriously. From what i have read, O plans to expand the care given to kids and this is his solution to pay for it.
    Should start a civil law suit for discrimination. All products should be taxed equally, everyone has their own thing, some people it's smoking, some it's guns, some it's gas (long road trips ya know), video games, the list goes on. It's unfair that because someone has a different hobby or like than you that you should have to pay more taxes, regardless of how it affects your body.

Actually, seeing how class action law suites against the cigarette manufactures have taken place, I think there should be one against the government for being in conspiracy, they make more money off a pack of smokes than the tobacco industry

If God didn't intend us to have guns why would he have given us a trigger finger?

Quote Originally Posted by Derek View Post

~ Derek
    im sure beer is next on the list...change? you asked for it, you got it...(not directed at you derek)
    FJB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast