Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I Also Applied for my LTCF - Chester co.

I Applied for my LTCF yesterday, 6-18-09, in Chester county. No email application here. I had to go to the court house in West Chester.

I am retired, but they wanted the address and telephone of my past employer. I gave them the info they wanted, but the business was trasferred more than 5 years ago. I hope that does not hold me up. I have had it with the background checks.

Also they wanted 2 references, not family, and living in Chester County.

I gave them my letter from the PICS saying that my challenge to the PICS's initial "undetermined" status was successfull. The letter states that "I am not prohibited from buying a firearm". It took me two months to get this letter. I bought a S&W 9mm M&P, 4 inch barrel. Nice pistol.

They took my photo. It cost me $46 which includes a laminated card. They said that the the license could take up to 45 days, but it should be sooner than that.

The people there were very helpful and friendly.

Ken

(Chester County)

Default Re: I Also Applied for my LTCF - Chester co.

Bunny is a good Sheriff, you should have it in a few weeks.

(Chester County)

I got my LTCF in two weeks to the day. You should see yours in the mail by July 2nd.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by kaybur View Post
    I Applied for my LTCF yesterday, 6-18-09, in Chester county. No email application here. I had to go to the court house in West Chester.

I am retired, but they wanted the address and telephone of my past employer. I gave them the info they wanted, but the business was trasferred more than 5 years ago. I hope that does not hold me up. I have had it with the background checks.

Also they wanted 2 references, not family, and living in Chester County.

I gave them my letter from the PICS saying that my challenge to the PICS's initial "undetermined" status was successfull. The letter states that "I am not prohibited from buying a firearm". It took me two months to get this letter. I bought a S&W 9mm M&P, 4 inch barrel. Nice pistol.

They took my photo. It cost me $46 which includes a laminated card. They said that the the license could take up to 45 days, but it should be sooner than that.

The people there were very helpful and friendly.

Ken
    But why do they need the name, address & telephone of the last employer of a person who has been retired 5+ year? I wonder if they are going to contact the former employers. Also, does state law say that the references must be from the same county as the applicant? Delaware County tries to insist that the reference must be from DE County but I have always successfully argued that issue. DE County DID telephone my employer on my last renewal and it was not pretty. They are in Boston, MA and all big libs to say the least.

I have heard real good things about the Sheriff in Chester County and I did drive to West Chester to get finger printed for my FL non-res CWL/permit because Delaware County SO would not do it.

Good luck.

(Chester County)

No one on my application was contacted.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by shermdo View Post
    does state law say that the references must be from the same county as the applicant?.
    the only requirement of the references is that they NOT be family members. There is no law/rule stating that they have to be from the same county or state for that matter.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    the only requirement of the references is that they NOT be family members. There is no law/rule stating that they have to be from the same county or state for that matter.
    x2 In York Co none of my references or my employer were contacted and they are all in MD...
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" -- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Did they increase the fee for the LTCF? I applied for out-of-state with Centre County and it was only 26$.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by press1280 View Post
    Did they increase the fee for the LTCF? I applied for out-of-state with Centre County and it was only 26$.
    The $46 fee is for if you would like to have your LTCF on a PVC card, like your driver's license, instead of a piece of paper.

Quote Originally Posted by 64Jeeper View Post
    The $46 fee is for if you would like to have your LTCF on a PVC card, like your driver's license, instead of a piece of paper.
    I agree. I don't remember the exact breakdown, but it cost an extra $21 to have the card laminated.

ken

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast