Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Legos

(York County)

Default Legos

This is probably a strange post, but is has been on my mind since Saturday so I thought I'd share and see if anyone else noticed as well:

I was at the Lego store at the King of Prussia Mall on Saturday and looking at some Lego sets for my kids. I noticed that the police sets no longer have the mini-figures with guns. I kept looking and it seems like Lego omitted guns from all of the police sets. They always came with mini revolvers or rifles when I was a kid. Does anyone else remember that?
    Guns only have two enemies: rust and politicians.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Legos

The Pirates of the Carribean sets came with flintlock pistols and rifles. I'm pretty sure that one of the recent police sets that I bought for my kids came with a gun. Almost every single star wars set comes with a gun. All the LoTR sets have various weapons, no firearms obviously.

What lego won't do, is make "war" sets. things like Tanks and such. In all the years of Lego, I've never see a single military set.

Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Armstrong County)

That's is because too many kids take them to school where they become a danger to themselves and their classmates.
    HGW, llc ~ Title 1 & NFA sales/manufacturing ~ Transfers - Title 1 $20 - NFA $50

Lego is a Danish company. They may have differing viewpoints about war, what with having one in their homeland in the near past generation.

(Northampton County)

No biggie. The off brand military sets are great and cheaper.
    How about those full size LEGO pattern block pistols. There's your LEGO guns.

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    What lego won't do, is make "war" sets. things like Tanks and such. In all the years of Lego, I've never see a single military set.
    Lego did make a couple sets for the Indian Wars when I was a kid (mid '90s). Cavalry soldiers with a fort and indian villages. I guess they got around the whole "war" thing since they were sold separately, but it didn't take a genius to put them together considering they came out at the same time.
    They let me play with chemicals!

Quote Originally Posted by Nate7667 View Post
    That's is because too many kids take them to school where they become a danger to themselves and their classmates.
    The fact that this is true is very sad. You forgot to mention get suspended.
    "The first time any mans freedom is trodden on we're all damaged."JeanLucPicard

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by fishingfool151 View Post
    Lego did make a couple sets for the Indian Wars when I was a kid (mid '90s). Cavalry soldiers with a fort and indian villages. I guess they got around the whole "war" thing since they were sold separately, but it didn't take a genius to put them together considering they came out at the same time.
    I was thinking more of modern warfare type stuff. Tanks, fighter planes, things like that. In the current LoTR series they have the Battle of Helm's Deep. Personally, I'm not at all concerned about Legos not having firearms amongst their collections. There's so much that can be done with them anyway, it isn't really necessary, IMO. I spent countless hours playing with legos as a kid. My kids now do the same. There's more than enough there to spawn imaginative play that they never notice that firearms are missing.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    The Pirates of the Carribean sets came with flintlock pistols and rifles. I'm pretty sure that one of the recent police sets that I bought for my kids came with a gun. Almost every single star wars set comes with a gun. All the LoTR sets have various weapons, no firearms obviously.

You know, I never noticed that before. I don't remember ever seeing anything related to a military set. At least not in the modern sence. Not even in the specialty sets like the Techic series (love that stuff).

Sure, lots of knights, pirates, robots, and aliens. But no 20th century combat.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by jaseman View Post
    You know, I never noticed that before. I don't remember ever seeing anything related to a military set. At least not in the modern sence. Not even in the specialty sets like the Techic series (love that stuff).

Sure, lots of knights, pirates, robots, and aliens. But no 20th century combat.
    When I was a kid, I built a massive air craft carrier, was almost 3' long and 12" high. The deck could be removed and there was an engine room, a laboratory and a weapons chamber in the front. Had space ships that launched from the deck. So there isn't really any need for Lego themselves to come out with those kinds of sets, a kid with an imagination can make anything, that's the beauty of Lego, always has been.

I do think some of their sets are too contrived now, the instructions included today just show how to build the kit on the box. The instructions used to include multiple ways to put the kit together. Now that's just done with the Technic kits, but it used to be with the other ones too.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast