Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Sig guys

Default Sig guys

Anyone have any experience with the DAK trigger. If so, plus or minus thoughts? Thanks in advance.
    Jules

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: Sig guys

Personal opinion...

I think they need to fire Kellerman!

(Luzerne County)

My first experience with the DAK trigger was two years ago when I went through a Sig Armorer's Class. The DAK trigger is very nice! Never got to fire the gun, but did a lot of dry firing with it during the two day class.

My Sigs are DA/SA but if I decide to get another Sig it might very well be one with a DAK trigger.

(Bucks County)

I have used the DAK trigger, and as far as DAO's go, it's pretty nice.

When I first started shooting, I was actually more accurate with the DAK because DA was forcing me to prep the trigger. For an experienced and disciplined shooter who preps an SA trigger, the DAK is actually a disadvantage.

The biggest compliment that I can pay to the DAK trigger is something that Bruce Gray, who is like a god among gunsmiths working on SIGs, told me. He said that the DAK triggers are so smooth that they really don't like to work on them. He said that they were so good that his team couldn't make much of an improvement on them.

With all that said, I sold my 229 DAK and only carry DA/SA now. The lighter SA pull on my followups just makes DA/SA a better fit for me.

Thanks for the input guys.
    Jules

(Beaver County)

Hi ar15Jules,

I have a P229SAS with the DAK trigger. I have a number of other DAO pistols, but none like the DAK! It takes a little getting used to, but it is smooth as silk. I think you will like it.
    __________________________________________________ ____

You know "that look" women get when they want sex? Me neither.

Thumbs up Re: Sig guys

i have no trouble at all going from one system to another. it keeps things interesting. you gotta concentrate though. one week i'll carry a dak trigger , one week i'll go back to a sa/da. i was never into 1911 cocked & locked carry. no matter how fast and used to a gun you might be , safety engaging/disengaging is something i forgot about a long time ago when i started buying sigs. i sold a 1911 15 years ago and never looked back. the dak is ok. i tend to let out each pull all the way due to large /heavy/wide fingers. rapid fire is fine to in that style. the short reset trigger on a 220 elite i have is buttery smooth and fast. the dak trigger makes up for in smoothness what it lacks in simplicity. i'll practice my heavy,short reset pull more on the dak though. variety is the spice i enjoy. if sig makes it , i'll buy it and use it with confidence. 220elite ss srt , 220carry sas dak , 220 equinox , 250c(no modular kits yet to be had) , 226cops , various berettas ,various glocks , 2 quality revolvers -1 1974 nickel 4" python(mint cond) , 1- performance center 627 8 shot chrome controls,3 moon clips at the ready. my next gun will probablly be an x-five tactical. 2" groups at 50 yards is amazing . the 627 pc comes real close to that. it's way more accurate than i am.

(Montgomery County)

I've got 3 Sigs with the DAK trigger system and I'm looking to add a P226 .40S&W with the DAK trigger for a house gun.
    Two are my main CCWs (P239 SAS and P229 .40S&W) and the P220 SAS I got a great deal on.

I do also have a few Sigs with the conventional DA/SA triggers and like them just as much, but I prefer a DAO gun for a CCW and home defense.

I really (obviously ) like the DAK trigger. As far as DAOs go, I like the DAK best.
    I had an Hk USP Compact with the LEM trigger and absolutely hated it.

Trigger systems - like different makes of guns, are very much a personal choice. Some guys love the DAK, and others hate it (thats how I got my P220 for very cheap )

I think that most of the people that like the DAK trigger have had alot of experience with and like shooting wheel guns. I find the DAK trigger length and pull are very similar to my S&Ws - JMHO

If you are thinking of buying a Sig with the DAK trigger, try one before you buy one.

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad