Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    (Susquehanna County)

Default Re: Permit to cary Denied

Quote Originally Posted by danp View Post
    Damage, the question is ultimately going to come down to this: Are you willing to fight this in court? Can you dedicate the time and resources to doing so (we as a community may be able to help you a bit with the money aspect if necessary.)

I ask this because if you're going to fight it you need to be willing to really fight it. Losing because we only went half-way is not an option. We need to set a precedent that what you did (open carry, especially on your own property) is again, not a crime and not a reason to deny a permit. Losing would potentially have the opposite effect.

If you're willing we'll need to start pulling together all the facts and timeline of your application/denial and get that organized. Then we need to figure out exactly what steps you need to take legally.
    Yes sir I plan on appealing it I will file like I said next friday.

(Susquehanna County)

Danp check your PM
    Last edited by Damage control; January 17th, 2008 at 06:27 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Damage control View Post
    Yes sir I plan on appealing it I will file like I said next friday.
    you really might want to consider hiring a lawyer. while you shouldn't need one, the reality is that, any time you are in court for anything more than a speeding ticket, having a lawyer is nearly a necessity.

like dan posted, PAFOA has shown that we can and will help fund it if you do your part...just like gnbrotz did.

being denied an LTCF because you OCed on your own property is ridiculous. and, contrary to what some might say, if that is really all there is to it, you share absolutely none of the blame. the blame lies 100% with the sheriff who doesn't care about rule of law.

(Franklin County)

One other quick point:

Keep a journal of everything you've done by date. Keep receipts for EVERYTHING, even postage. Keep track of trips made specifically for this action.

Even if civil action is not possible or feasible, it will help establish what all is entailed in the process. I believe that this documentation is helpful and can help streamline things as we continue to build a history of these types of events.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by p-11 shooter View Post
    You did nothing wrong and have my full support. There are enough concerned people on this sight that we need to stand up show these sherrifs they need to follow the law of the land, not the law of thier own oppinion. If the last OC incident can teach us anything it's that we can pull together for what's right. If you're in the right and they're in the wrong, the support of this group can change the odds in your favor.

Who's up for some letter writing?
    Ditto, ditto!

Will this ever end? I thought that the laws regarding LTCF are the same in the WHOLE state. Wow! Am I ever wrong.
    I can't believe the differences between counties.
    These sheriffs think because they have a badge and a pen they can do exactly what they want, when they want, and to whom ever they want, exercising their hidden agendas. Seems like some sheriffs want to make law abiding citizens criminals, and are doing their damnest to achieve that. Seems in some counties having a badge puts you way above the law.
    I call bullshit!
    I think this sheriff needs a PAFOA education right quick!

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedToyota View Post
    you really might want to consider hiring a lawyer. while you shouldn't need one, the reality is that, any time you are in court for anything more than a speeding ticket, having a lawyer is nearly a necessity.

like dan posted, PAFOA has shown that we can and will help fund it if you do your part...just like gnbrotz did.

being denied an LTCF because you OCed on your own property is ridiculous. and, contrary to what some might say, if that is really all there is to it, you share absolutely none of the blame. the blame lies 100% with the sheriff who doesn't care about rule of law.

He actually stated my gun was observed in my waistband. I said I never carry in my waistband and besides he said it was OBSERVED which means it was OC regardless

(Clarion County)

Quote Originally Posted by Damage control View Post
    I am so mad what can I do?

Excersize your god given and constitutionally protected right and carry without our masters permission.

I personally refuse to bow and lick the boots of any bureaucrats to carry a weapon. I have never applied for a permit even though I would not be denied.

I am responsible for my own safety as well as that of my family so I am rarely unarmed.

But make sure you are aware of the repercussions of defying our masters. They are quite high for this particular offense.
    An enemy of liberty is no friend of mine!I do not owe respect to anyone who would enslave me by government force,nor is it wise for such a person to expect it!
    Isaiah Ambrey
    If you think you have the right not to be offended. I suggest you promptly purchase a toe attachment and a twelve gauge. One time use is all that is necessary.

Here we go again.

Doesn't he have only about 20 days to appeal?
    Consult a lawyer post haste.
    Don't procrastinate with the letter.
    A journal is an excellent idea

Keep us posted.
    You will likely receive as much support as effort you put into this fight.

IMO the sheriff is full of shit. Come back in a year and he’ll take his administrative fee and reject you again.

Does a rejection get recorded? Follow the individual around?
    Last edited by God's Country; January 17th, 2008 at 09:15 PM.
    FUCK BIDEN

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

We'll take this one step at a time. Keep us all posted and we'll jump in whenever the time is right.

We need to stop these things as soon as they happen. The more the sherrifs get away with things that aren't legal, the more they will be empowered. Today it's you, but tomorrow it could be me, or anyone of us. That's why it's so important.

(Susquehanna County)

EXCOP check your PM

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast