Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default 1911 barrel link question

Hey all,

I've got a question re: a 1911 barrel link- any advice would be much appreciated.

So I was cleaning my 1911, and the pin holding the swinging link to the barrel managed to work its' way out, and I can't seem to find the damned thing. My question is whether those pins are a standard size, or does it differ by manufacturer?

Bonus fun: the 1911 in question is a Dan Wesson patriot, which is apparently no longer made since CZ-USA bought the company.
    VMJade
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: 1911 barrel link question

Generally they are of a "standard" size, but small variances can occur between manufacturers. Note though, there are oversized link pins but they will be advertised as such.

Link pins are cheap, just buy one from a 1911 parts manufacturer and try it. if it doesn't fit, use a mic or caliper to measure the unit that you purchased and then repurchase with the measurement in hand.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515, SteveWag

Don't end up in my signature!

(Centre County)

Default Re: 1911 barrel link question

You can find link pins through most gun parts places, Brownells (and you get a discount if you go there through the PaFOA site), MidwayUSA, egunparts (Numrich) and others. If you have a good set of calipers or an inside micrometer (or an outside mic and an expanding ball tool to measure small holes) you can get the exact size you need.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member