Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 47 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default The s**t really hit the fan over the weekend...

A friend of mine was out doing a little shopping over this past weekend. He stopped by the local Wal-Mart (I boycott the place personally and insist he doesn't go there, but I digress) to purchase a present for his daughter. He pays for the item and puts the receipt away in his pocket; the present box doesn't fit in the largest bag they have so he walks towards the door without one. Upon walking past the receipt checker the checker asks him if he has a receipt, knowing the law and not wanting to deal with digging through his pockets for his receipts, plus he was late to his little girl's birthday party, he says "yes," and keeps on walking towards the door. The receipt checker then loudly says "Sir, sir, stop I need to see your receipt," and runs in front of the door blocking his exit and then starts pushing on my friend to get him back into the store. My friend then says "take your hands off me," and asks "am I free to go," to which the Wal-Mart checker says "no, I need to see your receipt." The checker is joined by a second Wal-Mart employee who is now also blocking the door and trying to corral my friend in. My friend tells me now he is getting scared because the second man is also trying to push on him to get him back in the store. A few more seconds go by and a third person, possibly a Wal-Mart manager, joins the growing mob and tells my friend he isn't going anywhere without showing them the receipt. This is where it gets tense.

My friend then takes 1 step backwards (the only open direction) and clearly and loudly states, if you do not step away from the door and let me exit you are putting your life in danger. The 2 wal-mart employees and the manager didn't take kindly to this and started to move towards my friend who is now standing about 3 feet away from them with his back against the glass wall of the store. My friend has had enough at this point, fears for his life, and draws his 5 shot snubby, pointing it at the two men who are corning him. The men immediately freeze and put their hands up, then they part the ways to let him through. The manager took the opportunity to flee into the store. My friend exits, gets into his car and drove off. Someone must have called the police because within minutes my friend is pulled over down the street.

He is questioned and then arrested for 2 counts of aggravated assault and disorderly conduct; his car is impounded and his firearm confiscated.

Now he is still sitting in jail because his arraignment was today and the judge found enough evidence to hold him for trial.

Comments/suggestions are welcome. My head hurts from this whole mess.
    Last edited by dragonofpa; March 3rd, 2008 at 09:31 PM.

Default Re: The s**t really hit the fan over the weekend...

wow I really wanna see how this one turns out, tagged for outcome.

(Lawrence County)

Good grief.....he WAY over-reacted.

Wal-Mart greeters are not valid threats!

Lycanjustshowareceiptthrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

(Lackawanna County)

Seems like an awfully big headache that could have been avoided by showing the receipt.

(Centre County)

On the surface, your friend appears to be a nut.
    Ya... "feared for his life" in a scuffle with Blue Vests. That's just whack.

(Wayne County)

Do you think his life was in danger? Weren't you the one running for sheriff or something?

Quote Originally Posted by dragonofpa View Post
    A friend of mine was out doing a little shopping over this past weekend. He stopped by the local Wal-Mart (I boycott the place personally and insist he doesn't go there, but I digress) to purchase a present for his daughter. He pays for the item and puts the receipt away in his pocket; the present box doesn't fit in the largest bag they have so he walks towards the door without one. Upon walking past the receipt checker the checker asks him if he has a receipt, knowing the law and not wanting to deal with digging through his pockets for his receipts, plus he was late to his little girl's birthday party, he says "yes," and keeps on walking towards the door. The receipt checker then loudly says "Sir, sir, stop I need to see your receipt," and runs in front of the door blocking his exit and then starts pushing on my friend to get him back into the store. My friend then says "take your hands off me," and asks "am I free to go," to which the Wal-Mart checker says "no, I need to see your receipt." The checker is joined by a second Wal-Mart employee who is now also blocking the door and trying to corral my friend in. My friend tells me now he is getting scared because the second man is also trying to push on him to get him back in the store. A few more seconds go by and a third person, possibly a Wal-Mart manager, joins the growing mob and tells my friend he isn't going anywhere without showing them the receipt. This is where it gets tense.

My friend then takes 1 step backwards (the only open direction) and clearly and loudly states, if you do not step away from the door and let me exit you are putting your life in danger. The 2 wal-mart employees and the manager didn't take kindly to this and started to move towards my friend who is now standing about 3 feet away from them with his back against the glass wall of the store. My friend has had enough at this point, fears for his life, and draws his 5 shot snubby, pointing it at the two men who are corning him. The men immediately freeze and put their hands up, then they part the ways to let him through. The manager took the opportunity to flee into the store. My friend exits, gets into his car and drove off. Someone must have called the police because within minutes my friend is pulled over down the street.

He is questioned and then arrested for 2 counts of aggravated assault and disorderly conduct; his car is impounded and his firearm confiscated.

I know the charges are bogus but he is still sitting in jail because his arraignment was today and the judge found enough evidence to hold him for trial.

Comments/suggestions are welcome. My head hurts from this whole mess.

(Berks County)

Seeing as he could have pulled the receipt out of his pocket as easily as he pulled his firearm, he's gonna be in big trouble over this. That said, I don't believe a Wal-mart greeter has the authority to put their hands on anyone, so I'd file charges against them for assault as well. It'll be interesting to see how this pans out.

I would try for ARD, or plead it out to something that he can survive. Pointing a loaded gun at unarmed WalMart flunkies who are asking for proof of payment before he walks out of their store with their merchandise, is piss-poor judgment.

This is evidence that not everyone is competent to carry a firearm.

(Montgomery County)

Ahhhhhhhhhh he reached for a weapon but wouldn't reach for a receipt.........not for nothing but, that sounds pretty lame..........and stupid or pig headed.........he should lose his (CCW) carry permit, and the weapon.......dumb ass............

jmo

(Berks County)

that guy gives all of us a bad rap.......hmmmm instead of pulling the gun he should have pulled his receipt.....he prolly thinks hes some bad ass with a gun and he was gonna show them....all that said, the guy was being stupid

Page 1 of 47 1234511 ... LastLast