Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Centre County)

Default Centre Co Area FFL

My father in-law would like to transfer some pistols to myself and my wife. They were the wife's grandfather's guns but he recently passed and her father has them in his name now. They live in MD and my question is this. I know we have to do the transfer paperwork at an FFL to transfer the guns. Can he just bring the guns with him to the house and take them to the local FFL to do the paperwork when they come up to visit, or do the guns need to be mailed directly to the FFL here in PA from a MD FFL?

Additionally can anyone recommend anyone locally to do the transfer. I'm not sure how many guns it will be total,probably just a handful.

Thanks.

(Centre County)

Default Re: Centre Co Area FFL

He can transport the guns himself to the FFL to do the transfer. The FFL will take the guns, enter them into his books (effectively the guns now belong to the FFL) and then the person(s) receiving the guns will do the required paperwork and undergo the background check and then the FFL will turn them over to the people receiving them and show the disposition in his books.

I'm an FFL (I do gun repair and restoration and work out of my home) in Lemont, so you're not too far from me. I do a lot of transfers for people around the area.

If interested, send me a PM and I'll answer any questions you have and let you knoe exactly what has to happen and what the cost will be.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Huntingdon County)

Ron (Xringshooter) is a great guy to deal with.
    He has done several transfers for me, and I have bought a couple guns from him. Stellar guy, and his price for transfers is about as good as you will find anywhere!

(Centre County)

Ron, Thanks for the offer. I've forwarded the information to my father-in-law and will be in touch when he figures out when he wants to do the deal. (they are not sure when they will be up here next).

Chris