Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Smile Awesome! Got LTCF!

Finally got it today, 39 days (and not business days!) after applying...maybe Sheriff Rossi is lightening up a little bit...and I do mean a very little bit. From what I've heard, he usually uses business days in his 45-day time limit. It's just a shame though that he can't be like more conservative sheriffs who let you walk out with your license the day you apply.

I carried concealed tonight for the first time, carrying my PT-111 in an Uncle Mike's Super Belt Slide at the 5 o'clock position and an extra mag pouch on my weak side. I felt real comfortable with it, as did my girlfriend. She doesn't like guns due to a ex-boyfriend sticking a gun in her mouth many years ago, so this is a big step for her. We went to a friends house and to a diner for dinner and no one was the wiser.
    Kimber Pro Crimson Carry II .45 ACP, Taurus PT111 Millennium Pro 9mm

Default Re: Awesome! Got LTCF!

Congrats!

10 damn char.....

(Lancaster County)

Welcome to the club. Congrats !!

My 200th post

(York County)

Congrats on the LTCF!
    Congrats on the first CC!
    Congrats on your patience, and working with your wife (at her speed) to get here comfortable around guns!

A trifecta!

While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Cumberland County)

Congrats. Although that still seems like a long time to me. For Cumberland County, mine was exactly 2 weeks (normal days) to the day from the time I applied, until I got the postcard in the mail saying I could go in and pick up my permit.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by pedaler73 View Post
    Finally got it today, 39 days (and not business days!) after applying...maybe Sheriff Rossi is lightening up a little bit...and I do mean a very little bit. From what I've heard, he usually uses business days in his 45-day time limit. It's just a shame though that he can't be like more conservative sheriffs who let you walk out with your license the day you apply.

I carried concealed tonight for the first time, carrying my PT-111 in an Uncle Mike's Super Belt Slide at the 5 o'clock position and an extra mag pouch on my weak side. I felt real comfortable with it, as did my girlfriend. She doesn't like guns due to a ex-boyfriend sticking a gun in her mouth many years ago, so this is a big step for her. We went to a friends house and to a diner for dinner and no one was the wiser.
    its nice to see that shes warming up slowly and youre taking your time with her, im sure you have,but try and remind her that the gun that her ex held was not to blame for its involvement and his actions were.

the gun is just an inanimate tool. i realize its hard for people to separate the two, especially when theyve been through a traumatizing scenario but he was to blame, not the gun.

congrats on your approval, carry safe and well.

(Lebanon County)

Congrats man! I just got mine in the mail the other day. Haven't been able to carry it yet seeing as I'm unsure of my college's stance on carrying.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by ssnyder87 View Post
    Congrats man! I just got mine in the mail the other day. Haven't been able to carry it yet seeing as I'm unsure of my college's stance on carrying.
    so because you are unsure of thier "stance" on it, youre willingly letting yourself remain in danger after all you went through to legally protect yourself?

i would suggest carrying until you are told otherwise, and if that does happen...conceal better!

(Allegheny County)

Congrats and be safe.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by CHEMICAL View Post
    its nice to see that shes warming up slowly and youre taking your time with her, im sure you have,but try and remind her that the gun that her ex held was not to blame for its involvement and his actions were.

the gun is just an inanimate tool. i realize its hard for people to separate the two, especially when theyve been through a traumatizing scenario but he was to blame, not the gun.

congrats on your approval, carry safe and well.
    Yeah, Chem, I have talked to her about how it's not the gun that threatened her, just the f**king a**hole holding it. Like you said, she is slowly coming around to that point of view, but she said it will be a long time, if ever, until she can build up the courage to fire one. I will NEVER force her into the range, but when she is ready, I will only let her use the Mosquito first. She is glad that I come on here to get answers to important questions that she or I may have. I am very safe around her and her 17-month old daughter.
    Kimber Pro Crimson Carry II .45 ACP, Taurus PT111 Millennium Pro 9mm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast