Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: ‘Totally Inappropriate’ Facebook Comment Aimed at Gun Owner Could Land VA Psychia

Quote Originally Posted by phillyd2 View Post
    Many of you have said the same and worse about antis so let's relax with the outrage.
    I think it's a bit different. He is a Veterans Affairs psychiatrist telling someone to "off yourself please"!
    So people who are outraged have every right to be!
    In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. George Orwell

(Warren County)

Default Re: ‘Totally Inappropriate’ Facebook Comment Aimed at Gun Owner Could Land VA Psychia

I keep phillyd2 on the ignore list. Every once in a while somebody quotes that whackjob's words and it instantly reminds me of why.

Many of you have said the same and worse about antis so let's relax with the outrage.

Quote Originally Posted by NRA Member View Post
    I think it's a bit different. He is a Veterans Affairs psychiatrist telling someone to "off yourself please"!
    Agree the psychiatrist needs to be held accountable for his words.
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

FUCK Gregg Gorton

People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

(Berks County)

So everybody here is a doctor of psychiatry now? Or you have no higher standards for head crackers?

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Don Quixote View Post
    It's a matter of context. He is a person working in the mental health fieldwithveterans, not to mention a professor for a prestigious university. He posted this on a public forum. One expects a higher level of decorum and good judgement. Higher levels of responsibility demand higher standards of behavior.
    You said it much better than I. Sorry I missed your quote. I Jumped the gun.

(Berks County)

Great minds think alike?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    So everybody here is a doctor of psychiatry now? Or you have no higher standards for head crackers?
    Just found it funny that those who have wished others dead are now faking outrage. That's all. But now I find it even funnier how they are trying to justify it

Just found it funny that those who have wished others dead are now faking outrage. That's all. But now I find it even funnier how they are trying to justify it
    You are way off base with your comment! I have been a member on PAFOA since Feb. 2010 and I have never "wished someone dead"
    If you do not see a major issue when when a professional, a Veterans Affairs psychiatrist tells a person he disagrees with to "off your self please"
    Not sure what to say to you so you get!!
    In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. George Orwell

(Bucks County)

You are way off base with your comment! I have been a member on PAFOA since Feb. 2010 and I have never "wished someone dead"
    If you do not see a major issue when when a professional, a Veterans Affairs psychiatrist tells a person he disagrees with to "off your self please"
    Not sure what to say to you so you get!!
    I never said YOU. And of course what he said was out of line. As are many similar comments here which if you missed you did so on purpose.
    Last edited by phillyd2; August 3rd, 2015 at 08:37 AM.

(Chester County)

I never said YOU. And of course what he said was out of line. As are many similar comments here which if you missed you did so on purpose.
    There is a difference however in someone on a forum who may or may not have an education level higher than high school remarking to wish someone dead compared to a Dr. of psychiatry who should have the knowledge to dispute a claim with more than an "off yourself." Unless you have no factual evidence in you own belief or to dispute their belief, an educated professional, especially in the mental health field, should know better. And if you have no factual evidence, maybe your should reconsider your stance. In this specific case the doctors credentials need to be questioned and they should be relieved of their position.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast