Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Wanna lend me a BUIS?

It sounds like a very odd request, I know. Basically I have a theory regarding open sites and night vision scopes on an AR15 that I would like to test. Eye relief will be an issue with the scope, hence the need for the BUIS instead of just mounting the nightsight on my RAS. I would pay for shipping both ways and would be more than happy to leave a deposit using paypal which could be refunded upon its return. If somebody can help me with this I would really appreciate it. Thanks.
    I own guns!

Default Re: Wanna lend me a BUIS?

You have NV? Mr. Richie Rich here...lol. I sold my YHM BUIS to drak when he bought my AR15, but I have a GG&G BUIS coming my way next week, if you can hold out that long. What exactly are you going to test?

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by aubie515 View Post
    You have NV? Mr. Richie Rich here...lol. I sold my YHM BUIS to drak when he bought my AR15, but I have a GG&G BUIS coming my way next week, if you can hold out that long. What exactly are you going to test?

Haha, not quite that rich! If you would be able to help me out without putting yourself to too much trouble I would appreciate it! My wife and I work at a place that designs/produces awesome NV devices. (I only work part time=college) They're night sights that clip on in front of an existing day scope which doesn't affect the days scope's zero or sight picture. Pretty sweet stuff. NV

When I was overseas we had PVS4's and you would mount them, sight them in, and then remove until needed. I'm not comfortable with its ability to return to zero upon remounting. Plus, despite all of the pictures everywhere, most soldiers do not have Eotechs, Aimpoints, and ACOGs. Basically what I want to do is just a proof of concept to be able to see if it would be possible to look through the rear sight into the NV scope and be able to pick up the front sight with a little help from some tritium. If it is possible then eye relief could be looked at. Currently the NV scope relief has a max of 50mm, hence the need for a BUIS.
    I own guns!

For helping out, do I get a NV device...LOL That's pretty kewl that you work for a NV company. I know that Litton is in PA somewhere. How long will you be needing my BUIS.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by aubie515 View Post
    For helping out, do I get a NV device...LOL That's pretty kewl that you work for a NV company. I know that Litton is in PA somewhere. How long will you be needing my BUIS.
    I'd love to get one myself! I don't know how long I would need it honestly. Basically, since you're doing me the favor I'll work with whatever schedule you have. I think a week would be more than long enough. You're the man.
    I own guns!