Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Lebanon County)

Default I Want To Put It Right In Their Face

First of all I'm a lucky bastard, because I've been selected for a position to work in the defense department in new cumberland, so at the age of 21, without an prior schooling I'll soon have a high paying job, with a ton of federal benefits: federal retirement just to name one, but before getting there I was suffering from my depressing pathetic career: basket case security.

I began working for a security company known as Allied Barton Security services.

You can be lucky I guess, and have nice a gravy job, or you could be thrown around, working an asinine inconsistent schedule, far far away from home, for not to much pay or even at least compensation for gas/millage. I don't even know if I can afford to drive to work by the end of the week. I don't even want to get into my co-workers, who are between poor old men, and stupid fucked in the head basket cases/wannab state troopers. Not to mention that when I asked my boss while I was on duty for off hour site inspector/vehicle patrol if we'd ever eventually be armed, and he look at me with frantic excitement, and then answered by saying: no..., because I'd only trust marines and people with past police experience to be armed on the job.

Well anyway while I'm at my lowest low, working one of the worst schedules: saturday, 1300 - 2100, sunday, 0500 - 1300, driving way to far away to get to/from work, something good came to I, who waited, and suffered as we can see above. Thank God.

Now here's where I want to put it in their face that they suck. First of all I have a very nice resignation letter written that will probably make hands shake, and second the security company has a resignation form that you leave with your dropped off clothes. It wants you to state the reason of your resignation. For the first reason I wrote: 1) Humiliation faced from not being trusted to bare arms for self defense. 2) Inconsistency of schedule. 3) Excessive distance to travel to work without any compensation.

I thought that the numba one reason was awesome, and to ad one time some laddie came up to me, asked me if I was armed. After I sad no, she said a lot that had to do with it being completely stupid for me to be unarmed on the front lines, but my girlfriend, didn't think it was so wise to write what I wrote, because it may stir controversy.

I don't know now: should I let it go or put it in their face by statement?

By the way at one site I work at there's a monument with a kind of hidden quote from good ole ben franklin, "They who sacrifice a bit of temporary freedom for temporary safety deserve neither freedom, nor liberty."
    Under my signature of my resignation letter I wrote that quote, and made a note about where it came from: quote found on college campus.

Default Re: I Want To Put It Right In Their Face

Quote Originally Posted by Willtallica View Post
    I don't know now: should I let it go or put it in their face by statement?
    Congrats on the new gig. Let the "screw you" resignation letter go. You're getting yours by moving on to a better position. I understand you're angry at them and feel you've been screwed. That's why you went out to get a new gig. Quietly resign and go about your business.

(Adams County)

You'll have a 1 year probationary period. Don't burn bridges, anything could happen and you might need to go back across.

Besides...who gets compensated for going to work? I'm an hour out from my job and I don't get paid for that. I've never heard of getting paid for commute time.

camper
    It's the 2nd Amendment that protects all others

(Montgomery County)

Don't burn a bridge unnecessarily.

Number 3... remove the without compensation. just looking for a job closer to my home.

(Westmoreland County)

You are too young, inexperienced and lack of education to write a sarcastic letter. Note: start using spell check on your computer. You took a job that was a distance to drive and low paying? You expect copensation for driving to your job. Give me a break! There are plenty of people that work a swing shift schedule for years. Be thankful that you got a better paying job. Work on improving your education and don't send the letter. You'll probably always think that you're better then your co-workers and will find fault in their work habits. Most (some) young kids do.

(Monroe County)

There is allot of good advice above, I concur don't burn any bridges, insult any supervisors’ or cause any additional grief for yourself down the road. Just write you letter of resignation thanking them for all the support and mentoring they provided you and leave. About a year or so down the line when you are firmly into your new job drop by and pay them a visit and let them know that because of them you have this great job. No need to be caustic or vengeful your smile will say it all. You never know who you will run into in the future and who will be your boss down the line.

Old saying many 'youngins' need to learn and remember:

Never burn bridges .... you just never know, some day you might just need them.

Do the 'stand up' thing graciously and move on with your life.

Yep, I agree with the others. Nasty statements, in writing like that, can come back to bite you in the ass later.

And by the way, we have the right to bear arms, not bare arms.

Well, I guess there is no law against shaving your arms, but regarding firearms it is spelled bear

I've worked for Allied, now Allied Barton, more than once. Wouldn't have been able to work for them more than once if I'd left a letter like that behind. Like others said, don't burn bridges. Cold hard facts, even though the pay is nearly min wage, there are times when being able to get ANY job is a good thing. Wish Allied did work out here in the cornfields... I could use them about now, while I'm competing with college grads for other security jobs and even McD's. Allied knows my record and work ethic, they've always been happy with my work, and when I've left it's always been with tons of notice and on good terms. They can understand "more money, better schedule, closer to home, federal benefits." They won't forgive "screw you." Even if all goes well, you may want to use some of the folks there for references somewhere down the line.
    "Never give up, never surrender!" Commander Peter Quincy Taggart

(Butler County)

Always try to leave in good graces. You never know what will happen down the road. You may want/need them for a reference or to be rehired. You got over on them by getting a better job. I'll bet you hate the new job within 6 months.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast