Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default N.J. pharmacist fires at would-be robber

Not sure if this has been posted as of yet, (yes, I did a search, and no I didn't see anything), but I thought it would be interesting to share with the class, especially since it involves a self-defense shooting in, yes, you guessed it, the People's Republic of New Jersey.
    No word on whether or not the business owner will be charged, but it doesn't appear that he will be.
    Apparently a man entered the business owner's pharmacy and demanded prescription drugs.
    You can read the rest here ........

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/201...uld-be-robber/

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: N.J. pharmacist fires at would-be robber

Considering that, according to the article, he pursued the would be robber outside of the store, as the robber was fleeing, therefore not being any longer a threat, then discharged the firearm in public without really any reason to do so in an attempt to ( fill in the blank),while possibly hitting an innocent bystander.

Sorry but it should be charged.

This guy is not a responsible gun owner but rather a menace to society.

I can understand the being angry for the attempted robbery but to respond with an attempt murder is a little too over the top for me.
    Last edited by comsubin61; September 13th, 2012 at 12:54 AM.
    E FLUCTIBUS IRRUIT IN HOSTEM. AECIDAE TELO IACET LIBATIS.

(Monroe County)

WEll first off i am glad that the pharmacist survived the ordeal the guy could have just shot him point black jump over the counter and take the oxy like what happened twice out on long island a few months back, but some one really ought to have a good talk with the pharmacist about his gun usage, better yet he should take a pistol training class.
    Or read some os Mass's books.

As written in the Artical, the shoot sounds bad too me! Shame here is the hard working Pharmacist went to work a Honest man and might go Home a Criminal. Of course his new home will have a limited view due to the Bars on the Windows! A true shame. And the BG he may never be found........
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

And Situations like this are why some states require training before carry. I believe there should be a requirement of training, something like the hunters education and FREE

(Montgomery County)

I'm surprised that criminals haven't figured out that a good majority of pharmacists do carry concealed firearms regardless of what the company policy is.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by USMC3531 View Post
    I believe there should be a requirement of training, something like the hunters education and FREE
    I haven't heard a good argument against this type of proposal. If the firearms basics and law courses are free and is NOT a PASS/FAIL, it does not restrict the gun owner from owning a firearm. Frankly, I can't tell you how many times I was at the range with a brand new shooter that had ZERO instruction and couldn't hit the side of a barn. If I'm not in a hurry, I'll offer to help the person with the fundamentals and then encourage them to take some courses. I then introduce them to this forum.

I agree with comsubin61. There was no threat as the man was running away. The pharmacist will probably get charged with something.