Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default A girl's gun?!?!

(no offense ladies )

reading thru these forums i decide to pull the pistol out of the safe...first time in several years. So i figure i'd do a search for retention holsters...i google "Smith and wesson 3913"...and maybe 5 out of 6 results all say Lady Smith...

I have a girl's gun???

On further reading of those sites...it LOOKS like the actual Lady would actually have "Lady Smith" engraved on the gun...is that correct?

On even further reading...it seems that this is a pretty good gun....

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: A girl's gun?!?!

It's a great gun, it just fits nicely in smaller hands.

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    (no offense ladies )

reading thru these forums i decide to pull the pistol out of the safe...first time in several years. So i figure i'd do a search for retention holsters...i google "Smith and wesson 3913"...and maybe 5 out of 6 results all say Lady Smith...

I have a girl's gun???

On further reading of those sites...it LOOKS like the actual Lady would actually have "Lady Smith" engraved on the gun...is that correct?

The 3913 originally started life as a "LadySmith," a compact version of the 39/3906 aimed squarely at women shooters. Thing is, it was (and is) such an awesome gun that lots of guys wanted one to. Real men didn't care about the "LadySmith" inscribed on the slide, and carried one. Others were afraid they'd grow a vagina if they carried one, so S&W came out with the 3913. Same gun, just doesn't say "LadySmith" on the slide, and the dustcover has a different shape to it.

Had a 3913, and miss it. It was a great carry gun. They have a rep for good accuracy, and excellent reliability.
    "Never give up, never surrender!" Commander Peter Quincy Taggart

(Centre County)

(no offense ladies )

I have a girl's gun???

I carried those so called "girl's gun" for sometime..
    They are dependable, accurate, and compact - Last of the Smitty's great metal frame semi's IMO
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

(York County)

Yes, you have a girl's gun...

Which means you are very secure in your masculinity...or, you have latent desires for PennsyPlinker's body.

Since I'm not a psychologist, I wouldn't know which...but if you invite Pennsy Plinker on a camping trip, that might be a clue....

(Susquehanna County)

(no offense ladies )

I have a girl's gun???

I wouldn't care if it says as*&^%$ on it! It's a great little gun, and for anyone who wants a package that is slightly smaller, it's a good choice.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Nic View Post
    It's a great gun, it just fits nicely in smaller hands.
    Yep...i tell ya...i dont even remember where or when i got it...but i do remember liking the way it actually fit in my hand. Back then i had a couple friends that carried and we went to the range on a number of occasions and used their 40's and 45s...and thought they were too big...

I'm sure the rubber grip isnt...

but I cant tell from the online pics...but is this "swirling" stock?

I own a girl's gun. A SW 669 that was originally bought by a policewoman for an off duty piece. She sold it to a coworker of hers and friend of mine. I still have it. shoots nicely, too, btw.

(York County)

You got yourself a nice lil weapon there. If liking that gun makes me a girl, then I'm off to the mall for orange julius and bubble gum flavored lip gloss.
    3%

(Chester County)

Why do I have the sudden urge to sing Kumbaya?

If it makes you feel any better, you're buying a holster that would also fit a LadySmith, not for a LadySmith.

Until your question, I didn't even know there was an autofeed LS, but I've been waiting for my little ladies (daughters) to get comfortable with my colt .38 snubby so I have an excuse to by a S&W model 36 LS revolver.

It's kind of like buying Midol at the drug store because it helps all the symptoms of the flu. I want it for me, but feel like I need the excuse that I'm buying it for a woman.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast