Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: FFL Regs in PA?

(Berks County)

Default FFL Regs in PA?

Where can I find the PA business regulations on the requirements for an FFL?

(Centre County)

Default Re: FFL Regs in PA?

What do you mean?

If you already have a FFL you obtain a PA License to Sell Firearms at the county sheriffs dept in the county you are going to do business (unless you are in Philly, down there I don't know what you do). You must also fulfill any local ordinances and get any required local permits.

If you do not have a FFL, you must apply for it first and be ready to show where you are going to do business. They may try to tell you that you must have a store front operation but if you have permission from your local govt to work from your house then the BATFE will accept that. After you get the FFL then you go to the sheriffs to get the PA FL.

Hope this helps. By the way, I am an FFL holder and have a home based business (firearms repair)
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Berks County)

Maybe it is my confusion. From the BATFE's website, it seemed like a state may require a premise to have certain requirements. For instance, I could justifiably understand if PA required any business that was an FFL to have a security system, or to have bars on the windows...I just wanted to check if there are any specifics like that. I live out in the country and I doubt my local township will care.

(Centre County)

Nope that state doesn't have any requirements that I know of. I replied to your PM (it's pretty long but I think it will start to answer your concerns).
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member