Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Will Saigas be cheap again?

Wasn't it an Executive Order that stopped the importation of Saigas and other Russian made sporting guns into the US? Considering the incoming administration, what do you think the chances are that they will be repealed and we can go back to the days of $350 Saiga rifles and $500 Shotguns are? How soon can we make this happen? Has anyone seen any talk of this being a possibility?

Default Re: Will Saigas be cheap again?

I never had much interest in Saigas when they were readily available but I'd buy if the ban is lifted and prices come down. I was looking at a .410 Saiga last night at SPAR and I like it. I would definitely be interested in one of their rifles in 7.62x54

I average a new purchase a month. If the ban is lifted and prices drop my pace will continue. I'd also like to see case prices on Russian ammo come down. I miss the days of a spam can of 7.62x39 for $85

(Allegheny County)

Even if the ban is lifted, I can't imagine Saiga prices going down before their readily available counterparts do. The fact that budget AK prices are still inflated, even though AR prices have dropped significantly, doesn't leave me optimistic.

(Northampton County)

We have executive orders going back to Reagan, Bush 1, Clinton, Bush 2, and Obama that restrict our access to firearms and ammo. Could be further back than that for all I know. Any president can change them at the drop of a hat. I can't recall a single time any of it was reversed by any president.

This kind of thing was a plank of Trump's platform. That being said, he's sort of all over the place and it's hard to tell what he takes seriously. I think he was serious about his core policies at the time he developed them but the guy is such a mess who knows what he is going to do.

Bottom line, I would not count on this sort of thing just happening by itself. But I think we have a chance with the guy if we canvass him for these EO issues and manage to get his attention. That means not only contacting the White House, not only getting friends to do the same, but getting Senators, House and Senate leaders, and NRA et al to canvass him as well. He needs to hear it from everywhere.

All of these import bans should be done away with. If Saigas come back, will the pricing just match current pricing? Who knows. But we have had so much banned over the past 40 years that he can undo in minutes or days and if he fixed half of it something would give. Or at least we would have access to some cool stuff.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5230&dateline=1441069  448