Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Default Has anyone seen a public store posted against firearms

I have never seen it, obvious exceptions aside. Wondering if anyone has ever been in a store and discovered it posted against firearms. Sometimes when I’m waiting for the GF to catch up I peruse the bulletin board looking.

Which raises the question if a store denies the right where do they legally need to inform you. I feel it should be on the front door like NO SHIRTS,NO SHOES,NO GUNS. Or can they hide in the corner on the bulletin board so as not to draw attention yet screw you over if they choose. Or is it our responsibility to check ahead.

And if anyone has encountered restrictive storefronts let us know so we can patronize 2nd amendment friendly owners.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Has anyone seen a public store posted against firearms

I dont think big chains should regulate civilian carrying. Thats like saying no cigars(lit or unlit) in the building...both are legal, its just one has a unfourtunate history of death and blood...

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    I have never seen it, obvious exceptions aside. Wondering if anyone has ever been in a store and discovered it posted against firearms. Sometimes when I’m waiting for the GF to catch up I peruse the bulletin board looking.
    I can't recall specific retail stores. The Galleria Mall in Center City, Philly is posted. Sports arenas and some nightclubs have signs. Oddly enough, some city area SHOOTING RANGES are posted, incredibly.

I'm guessing in a large city, where most liberal urbanites have never even seen a gun, it doesn't even occur to people in small stores to post it. Larger places/venues probably post because their corporate lawyers tell them to. Ranges have no excuse.

Which raises the question if a store denies the right where do they legally need to inform you.
    No, because the sign has no legal weight anyway.

(Allegheny County)

Or can they hide in the corner on the bulletin board so as not to draw attention yet screw you over if they choose.
    in PA, sign or no sign, they can't really screw you over. all they can do is ask you to leave.

at that point, if you don't leave, then you can be charged with trespassing, but if you do leave, there is nothing else they can do.

Quote Originally Posted by dgg9 View Post
    I can't recall specific retail stores. The Galleria Mall in Center City, Philly is posted. Sports arenas and some nightclubs have signs.
    So do you avoid patronizing those establishments?
    FUCK BIDEN

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by jkroner659 View Post
    I dont think big chains should regulate civilian carrying. Thats like saying no cigars(lit or unlit) in the building...both are legal, its just one has a unfourtunate history of death and blood...
    Yes they do, but the cigars are good anyway!

All they can do is ask you to leave. If you stay, then you are trespassing and you have the potential for a problem with law enforcement.

Has anyone here ever been asked to leave a store because they were carrying? Open or concealed?
    Never underestimate the value of early training.

(Bucks County)

So do you avoid patronizing those establishments?
    1. Galleria -- I don't shop there anyway, though you do sometimes need to walk through to get from the trains to the street. This one is a strange case, though -- I'm not sure who put up the sign; I doubt it was the individual stores, since they don't have signs in other locations. And I don't recall any other local malls posted, so I'm guessing it's some officious busybody in city bureaucracy.

2. Arenas -- the no firearms signs are for concerts, not games. Generally I wouldn't pack for a big concert, anyway, since I reserve the right to drink.

3. Nightclubs -- it's usually strip clubs that have the no firearms signs (and often have metal detectors)...not my cup of tea to begin with.

4. Gun ranges -- absolutely. An anti-gun range is inexcusable.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by TRB View Post
    Yes they do, but the cigars are good anyway!

All they can do is ask you to leave. If you stay, then you are trespassing and you have the potential for a problem with law enforcement.

Has anyone here ever been asked to leave a store because they were carrying? Open or concealed?
    i was asked to leave a Walgreens in allentown i was standing in line to pay for my Bloodpressure pills, a worker was going behind the counter to open another reg, when she walked into my right side because she was trying to get some guys number... she felt my gun bump into her hip told her manager and he pulls me out of line asked me if i had a gun on me i asked why, then he told me about this girl feeling it when she walked into me...... he rang me out and asked i never come back to the store again..... he even had the balls to aks me if i was there to rob the place,,,, and the sad part i've been getting my pills there since they opened and he knows me.........

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedToyota View Post
    in PA, sign or no sign, they can't really screw you over. all they can do is ask you to leave.

Yes, but private property is just. So if it is plainly posted and you enter anyway I would think they reserve the right to prosecute. That's what I'm wondering about.

You have to realize that I am ignorant towards much of this having never lived anywhere near anything even remotely caled a "city". always gun friendlry areas
    with occasional trips to urban areas.

This forum permits the exhange of views from vastly different environments of Pa., which is a very useful tool, at least for me.
    FUCK BIDEN

Quote Originally Posted by dgg9 View Post
    4. Gun ranges -- absolutely. An anti-gun range is inexcusable.
    I left that out because I thought it was a gag. I don't know what to even say about that.
    FUCK BIDEN

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast