Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: B.U.G.

(Allegheny County)

Default B.U.G.

Legally, How many guns can I carry at a time with an LTCF? I travel to some rough places in Pittsburgh often for work and my main carry piece is a 5 shot revolver. Some times you need a little more fire power. Can I carry more than one gun at a time with an LTCF?

Thank You for your reply in advance,
    Tony

Default Re: B.U.G.

as many as you would like.. I never thought i'd be a person to carry a bug but I find myself doing it, you just never know..

(Dauphin County)

Most of my friends are law enforcement carry two, a main sidearm and a backup...
    So I say two also...

(Indiana County)

Personally, I don't think you have enough guns unless you have an under-trenchcoat setup like Keanu Reaves did in the Lobby Scene of The Matrix.

(Bucks County)

question is, how would it look at your trial if you had to shoot someone in self defense and the cops found like 5 guns on you? do you think it would make a difference?
    Retired LEO, FFL Holder

(Delaware County)

Since many officers carry a backup, i could see no harm in carrying two. I have on occasion carried my g17 and my g26.

(Northampton County)

I gotta agree with Punisher on the multiple gun thing, it does make a possibly sticky situation just with a shooting even more so with 3, 4, or 5 guns on you. And most of the time you have to think that you will never run into a situation where you will need multiple weapons. I carry nothing but my G19 with a full clip. In most situations in life, will I actually need more than 15 shots? No, and the VERY few times that the situation does come up, it may not be me anyway because those are FAR and few inbetween and the percentages for them don't fit to use the excuse to say you have to carry all of this, so I hafta say that an extra clip, or for revolvers an extra speed loader along with what is in the weapon is going to be sufficient.
    "Our government has no power except that granted it by the people."

President Ronald Reagan

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
    question is, how would it look at your trial if you had to shoot someone in self defense and the cops found like 5 guns on you? do you think it would make a difference?
    It might but that doesn't change the fact that you CAN carry as many guns as you want.

(Northampton County)

good point Nate, but remember that a jury is still people, and "the way it looks" can have an effect on the outcome
    "Our government has no power except that granted it by the people."

President Ronald Reagan

(Pike County)

Always carry a back up. Any gun can break or have a jam that you can not clear in the field, even a $3000 custom. As it is a standard pratice in the police community, and I do not believe that it will affect you in court. If size or weight is an issue for you, get a NAA mini revolver. I would stay away from the 6 or more on my person route!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast